MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
The aftermarket addons are on the rear bumper, and 150k is not bad mileage. My N/A just rolled over the 150k mark and is running awesome. J and H here on the board is over 200k on on Hyde and he races Hyde hard ar high boost (Hyde is the turbo car). What I'm getting at is that the price seems fine for the car. I'd not be afarid to buy it.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...that clear's things up a bit. I'll run a Vin check and see it in a week. Maybe I'll give it a test drive and have it looked over by a mechanic just to triple check the cleanliness of the car. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
pass it up, i just got my 92 black mr2 in same condition but with 160k miles on it for $2000. It may take some time to find the good deal, but wait and it will arrive, i had to wait about 4 years lol. I love it more than my 1988 aw11 supercharged mr2!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
for ana example i paid 5k for my 91 n/a mr2 with 91k and its in great shape.. no aftermarket mods except a rear strut tower brace same color crimson red

pc
-matt

K

·
0 Posts
i picked up a 93 with 130k for a lil over 3k. i love it ill sell my blood and semen and first born before i give my mr2 up :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
got my 93 for 4500 it had about 150 miles on it but i was so in love that i couldn't wait no more. keep it in mind that is not that easy to find cheap mr2's these days. but if you wait you should find something better for that price.

·
Registered
500 Posts
picked up my 91 for $3.3k back in may with an arguable amount of miles on it. (speedo not working)

However it had a replacement engine.

BC

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
i paid 6500 for a 93 n/a with 66k miles and very clean
id be very leary about salvage titled cars - u never know if they were done right -- thats y they sell so cheap
but i di buy a 96 beretta ooh 3 or so years ago with 45 k miles with a salavage title - talked him down to 2800 - made a good daily driver
tim

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
i picked up my 91' for $3,000 and its in good 8/10 condition. i'd give it some thought. actually you might find more mr2's with better prices depending on how far you want to drive. $4,995 is a bit steep for one thats been touched like that i'd pay it for a superstock one.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Thats the price I picked my turbo up for and it was immaculate, granted how I got it at the price was a fluke and proof that it was immaculate is I sold it for $9,000 just 6 months later and $2,000 worth of mods. I am picking up another turbo though and I am paying $6,000 and it too is very very clean and nicely modded. What I am trying to get at is, that car has a salvage/rebuilt title and 150,000 miles and it's NA. That price is entering turbo territory. Even though it does have very very nice paint, it has high mileage and has been wrecked. For 5 grand you can get a much nicer lower mileaged NA MR2. I've seen '93 NA MR2's with under 100,000 miles go for that price. I would pass or try to get him to lower the price to 3,500 or 4,000. All he can say is no or yes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts