MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
i bought the MR2 turbo from them, but i think they're banking their numbers on the Supra's 6-pot potential with a CT26. theoretical stuff, i guess, but i'll refrain from commenting on how realistic it is. however, it's obvious to me that they're not talking about the MR2.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Critchie said:
strange they would have such a decent compressor wheel with a t3 turbine not that the t3 is bad but i doubt 450whp
why is it so strange? aren't they merely building a T3/T4 using modded CT26 housings?

·
Registered
106 Posts
it would be different if it was a supra turbo, the exhaust housing is bigger on those, but the picture looks like a mr2/gt4. of course, what you see isn't always what you get...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
that is the MR2 CT26 in the photo, but that's the kind of advertising ambiguity that would get an MR2 driver to check them out. it worked, didn't it? :)

G

·
^Trickster^ said:
Lets be honest here, 650hp from a ct26, that says it all to me.

I do not say they can, but in the supra community, it is not uncommon to be getting 450rwhp on just an upgraded ct26 like a 60-1 with 18psi on pump gass, and easly over 500 on higher boost

I found a website of a company in japan, that was taking the mr2 ct26, and making new exhaust housings which flowed alot better and also enlaraged the turbine itself, and made it a single wastegate flapper, but they were running right around 1200 for the turbo setup

i am sure there is ct26 upgrades out there which are making good power, its just time before they arise

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
TerribleTo4E said:
I do not say they can, but in the supra community, it is not uncommon to be getting 450rwhp on just an upgraded ct26 like a 60-1 with 18psi on pump gass, and easly over 500 on higher boost

I found a website of a company in japan, that was taking the mr2 ct26, and making new exhaust housings which flowed alot better and also enlaraged the turbine itself, and made it a single wastegate flapper, but they were running right around 1200 for the turbo setup

i am sure there is ct26 upgrades out there which are making good power, its just time before they arise

thats not a fair comparison....a supra's inline 6 vs our 2.0 4 clylinder??....if there are ppls making good power from our puny ct-26...then they all are pretty shy about it b/c most of owners seem to have no qualms about replacing the ct-26 when it comes down to making more power....

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
TerribleTo4E said:
that's the point i was trying to make before ...
i can't speak intelligently on the Gen III Supra and it's outer limits on a CT26-powered 7MG-TE, but my point is that when www.turbochargers.com made their claims, they're not making a distinction between the MR2 CT26 or the Supra CT26, they just say CT26! and with whatever liberal extrapolations they made for the Supra, they posted the potential for 650 HP, but unless you (an MR2 owner) knows that the CT26 turbos on the MR2 and Supra are different, you'll get sucked in by ambiguity. so they're probably not falsely advertising (because they printed their disclaimer statement), but they're also not helping you see the difference without specific questions on your part either ...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i had the stage 1 on my ct26 and it was nice.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Well, from what i read it was just a simple upgrade on the inducer and exducer, once your talking about changing the housings sompletly to get rid of the restrictive turbine side, can you really call it a ct26 anymore anyway? how far do you go and still call it a ct26. I havent seen an mr2 or a supra make 650hp on the stock turbo with any ammount of modification, like youve said there are supras hitting over 500hp but thats still 150hp away.

Either way I think they are misleading the customer, if they were that good, we would all have them on your motors.

Graeme

1 - 16 of 16 Posts