MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in advance auto parts the other day, and i saw this paint for brake calipers in various colors... i DID NOT buy any...yet. is it ricer to paint calipers?

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
no. i'll post pics when i get home of my TRD IS300 calipers. just PM me to remind me, theyre hawt lol.

-Aaron

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
onyxaltezza said:
no. i'll post pics when i get home of my TRD IS300 calipers. just PM me to remind me, theyre hawt lol.

-Aaron
awesome. thats what im lookin for- pictures. thanks man

·
Registered
573 Posts
As long as it isnt a weird color, I say go for it. I painted all of my brakes (rotor center/hub/caliper/edge of rotor) black. Red, yellow, and especially silver are all good options too in my opinion.

The duplicolor brush on kit (probably the one you saw) makes it really easy. There is more than enough, when I painted the rotor center and hub, caliper, caliper brackets, and the edge of the rotor and used up maybe half of the paint. I would suggest using the brush on versus the spray.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^ so if i were to do it, what color would look good on an aquamarine pearl mk2 with STOCK gold rims (dunno how i got gold rims, think PO painted them.)?

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
i am planning eather red, black or silver in a few months on my car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
tred said:
i am planning eather red, black or silver in a few months on my car.
What, no love for blue??! I thought you said my car was your favorite superwhite MR2 Tred.

That's Eastwood powdercoat BTW, not paint.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
Hsun Chen said:
What, no love for blue??! I thought you said my car was your favorite superwhite MR2 Tred.

That's Eastwood powdercoat BTW, not paint.

well, Hsun, you still have my FAVORITE WHITE mr2 ever, and the blue looks good on your car, but blue on a red car would look werd... :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
TomsMR2 said:
hows brake paint help your car stop better :confused:
It doesn't; that's what the '93T brakes, Porterfield pads, Ate fluid, and Goodridge S/S lines are for. :thumbup

And thanks for stroking my ego some more Tred. I was worried you didn't love me anymore.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
Hsun Chen said:
I remember you're car from NA2005 and I am not a big fan of white but I think your car looks damn good. BTW, I really want to know what brand those rims are and where did you buy them? (They're not racing hart by chance??) They are forged correct? Looks good wish I could have talked to you.

·
Registered
548 Posts
qwik_MR2_5sfte said:
I remember you're car from NA2005 and I am not a big fan of white but I think your car looks damn good. BTW, I really want to know what brand those rims are and where did you buy them? (They're not racing hart by chance??) They are forged correct? Looks good wish I could have talked to you.
Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, they are Racing Hart CP-035s 17 x 7 front and 17 x 8 rear. I had to order them from DAZZ Motorsports (the US importer) for almost $1800 on the set, and I waited literally a year (prepaid!) for them. Total f#[email protected] at that place, DAZZ. They told me 45-60 days. I had to threaten to sue them to get anywhere with them, after 9 months and no wheels.

But I suppose I know why I've never seen another MR2 on CP-035s.

Is there anyone else on here with RH CP-035s? Now that I've said that ^, I'm sure I'll get called out by like 10 people . . .

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Fine Fine

ok guys here's mine.

I have a: 2001 Lexus IS300 w/ Volks CE28n replicas.
Paint: Brush Caliper Painter Kit(black)
Decals: "//TRD" ordered through a guy who produces them.(red)
Gloss Black wheels w/Polished lip, and Red Lug Nuts
Ive never gotten "oh thats rice" before..but usually its :thumbup "YO where can I get the TRD BBK" :p and i just say i painted them lol.

PICS:

how ya like those? :smile:

-Aaron

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
more

& heres a couple more cuz it wont let me post it all in one post:

-Aaron

·
Registered
5,111 Posts

hopefully these give u an idea of 'non'rice calipers =)

-Aaron

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Dijital357 said:
^^ so if i were to do it, what color would look good on an aquamarine pearl mk2 with STOCK gold rims (dunno how i got gold rims, think PO painted them.)?
and btw, for that id use:
Black or Silver Caliper Paint, and Aquamarine Decals...adds the little touch...

=)

-Aaron

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Dijital357 said:
i was in advance auto parts the other day, and i saw this paint for brake calipers in various colors... i DID NOT buy any...yet. is it ricer to paint calipers?
The choice for me comes down to "Rusty calipers and rotor hubs or painted calipers and rotor hubs?"; given that choice I choose to paint mine. This time around I think they'll end up blue.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts