MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,383 Posts
Ah yes. The tried and true Toyo T1R combination. We can't get these here which is annoying. I still have 205/55R15 T1R but ran out of 225/50R15 rears so I've got a pair of Proxes 4 instead. This are also no longer available here.

I just got a new pair of 245/40R17 Bridgestone RE003 for my bigger wheels so they will go back on instead of the 15s.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Ah yes. The tried and true Toyo T1R combination. We can't get these here which is annoying. I still have 205/55R15 T1R but ran out of 225/50R15 rears so I've got a pair of Proxes 4 instead. This are also no longer available here.

I just got a new pair of 245/40R17 Bridgestone RE003 for my bigger wheels so they will go back on instead of the 15s.
The NangKang Toursport XR611 are actually rather decent for road use and I am now glad that I was prepared to try them out. At £100 a tyre they are very good value when you look at what else is currently available, at least here in the U.K. The Yoko's hopefully will become more readily available soon for those who want them, I found two tyre dealers with stock, one charging £200 ish the other £240 per tyre. I didn't go for them because I wasn't sure whether if I was going to spend that I might as well go the full hog and get the P7 albeit at £350 per tyre. So NangKangs it was with the Toyo's on order as spare set.

I'm glad I increased the width and lowered the profile on the fronts, to me at least the 205/50 for the front provides a noticeable better grip. So all in all I'm very happy with the setup and the look I have achieved (y)

21 - 22 of 22 Posts