MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
I disagree. You always say this, but there are multiple MR2-only companies out there doing alright (or so it seems), making new parts for these etc
Prime
Heaven
TwosRUs
come to mind quickly, but there's Hux and RacerX too...and more.

Again, I think if someone was good with composite materials it'd be a good venture. Or if Campos would get his act together, that'd be cool, too.

·
Administrator
5,899 Posts
^ I always say it b/c you always say it - what's the difference?

I'm not talking about Prime, Heaven or TwosRUs who supply valid parts and deserve the business they get (along with my own). We're discussing Compos who mostly deals with fabricated non-OEM body parts. Those other retailers you listed don't make the same body parts and that's because there's no money in it right now as per my previous post.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
But campos did(does?) remanufacture oem body panels, reproductions of the kouki center panels, lips, spoilers, for example.
I know MR2 heaven also has center panels and working on front bumper, apparently. Ive not checked their full inventory for what they offer as far as body parts go.
That said, some have held their breath for a very long time for some of the parts promised/teased by them

Fortunately, there are still folks making parts for our cars.
Unfortunately there's still a lot more to be remade.
Campos had a great amount of stuff available, but his reputation isnt what it used to be.
Keeping these cars on the road is a good thing and I hope that more will get involved or pick up the slack from Campos and Toyota

You all have a great Thanksgiving, those who celebrate it anyway
Others, enjoy your Thursday
GO.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
Also, speaking of Thanksgiving (as Im about to head out of the house for the night), it was a year ago that I proposed. Well, approximately.
We just got married, and it's wonderful.
We're having Thanksgiving with her family tomorrow, Sunday was with mine, as a few folks are leaving town for Thanksgiving in my family.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts