MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess I will let the pictures and the short quicktime video do the talking. :evillaugh

http://kameleon.squeezer.net/20vruns/

Please be patient with the slow loading. It is on my friends server and it is a little slow when he is downloading alot too.

And as a note: the 20v harness was done by mr220v. He is AWESOME!!! It is well worth the price to have him do it. I still have a few bugs to work out but overall she runs good. Cranked on the first try. And that video has no exhaust on the car at all! Let me know what you think. :thumbup

Needless to say...... I SO HAPPY!!!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Great to hear! cant wait to hear driving impressions, anyways, how much time did mr220vs prebuilt harness probably cut from the install?

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
How much clearance to you have from the coolant reservior and the intake? Mine wouldn't fit and i used a cheapie universal one.

·
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ottobon said:
... how much time did mr220vs prebuilt harness probably cut from the install?
Basically he saved my entire swap as I know that I would have trashed the swap if I had to do all the wiring myself. I attempted to start the wiring but as soon as I thought I was getting somewhere I ended up at a dead end. It is DEFINATLEY worth the money. Actual swap time was about 2 days worth of work. Not bad as it was a direct bolt in.

Red 20v: I have plenty space. I will get an exact measurement tomorrow hopefully. I was trying to find a way to route the "fill-neck" in its stock location but that just reqired WAY too much piping. So I just went to the parts house and got what looked like it would work in that position and it did.

Judas: Thanks!!! It means alot to me to have this thing running.

Now just to tighten the fuel filter fittings (small leak there), burp the coolant, finish exhaust, and figure out the bouncy/high idle problem. I will keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
10,072 Posts
Making the harness is the fun part. Its like doing college algebra when you've been out of school for 5 years

·
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well once I get the bugs worked out I plan to take her to the dyno and see what I gained. I was amazed at how the car sounded without exhaust. It was not near as bad as I thought it would be. Now just to get a straight pipe that I can swap out my magnaflow for when I autox the car. :devil:

·
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, This is sad. I just now noticed that the title says Ir RUNS!!!!!! instead of It RUNS!!!!!! :)

I guess I was so happy to hear the engine crank and run I did not double check my spelling. Oh well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts