MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone else happen to catch this popular science article? http://www.popsci.com/popsci/futurecar/article/0,20967,679464-1,00.html

It's about a guy who made little nicks and scratches in the "squish band" of the combustion stroke which supposedly made the air/fuel mixture more turbulent, thus making more power while using less fuel. Very interesting. I wonder if this application is good for anything other than archaic motorcycle engines.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,238 Posts
I subscribed to popular science for over ten years. since before I was ten. when I started actually learning about things, i realized that 90% of what they write is filler and the other 10% is either way too user-friendly to really give you an understanding of what's going on, or they are just trying to make something sound important. at least with all the stuff that i knew anything about.

after reading all three pages of the article, popular science continually amazes me in how much time they spend trying to sound like they have any idea what they're talking about instead of writing an article. they could have given us all the relevant information in like three paragraphs.





but please don't assume i have any idea what i'm talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,751 Posts
I'm assuming that is the article about the guy from India?
I bought that magazine when it was on the stands (have it here somwhere).
I found that read very compelling ... I am really interested in what that guy is doing.

I thought it was cool :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,240 Posts
Very cool concept. I have to agree with Ben on the article tho. I think I read only half of the paragraphs, and that was more than i needed to grasp the concept and feel the dude's pain.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top