MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone know if the rubber holders with the metal sleeves in the middle for the intercooler on S/C models can be found anywhere, or something similar? Here's a pic for reference.

If anyone has one for sale that would work too. I had one that had split in half and lost it somewhere. I have a PC680 battery so I haven't been using the original battery tie down and have been using just the 2 mounting points on the rear firewall, causing the I/C to just hang down on one side a bit. I'm going to build a bracket to hold up the other side and will need to replace this part now, or else just remove the other one and bolt the bracket straight to the I/C bracket. I might just do that if I have to, and use a rubber bushing where the bracket will mount at the battery tray instead.

One other thing, the P/O that had the car (or his mechanic) had replaced the bolts used to secure the I/C. I just ordered 4 new bolts, I was going to start working on the bracket today and went to buy some nuts to weld on. I took one of the bolts that the P/O had been using and tried sizing the nuts, tried 8mm and neither the 1.0 and 1.25 thread pitch was fitting on, finally tried 5/16-16 and that worked. I'm guessing whoever had it before just tapped or forced these bolts in there, they aren't usually this size/pitch correct?

-Mike

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you ever find replacement rubber bushings? I'm trying to find replacements for mine and I can't think of anything besides going to ACE or OSH or Fastenal and asking what they have that is close.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts