MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night the battery on my 2 was bad.. So my dad went to go buy a used one and put it in but he put the battery the wrong side cause smoke to come out and im thinking damn.. there goes the car.. i put the battery on the right side and then i start it up.. None of the lights work, none of the gauges work, AC doesn't work, Radio doesn't work. I tried replacing all fuses and nothing.. I dont know what to do now. Anyone have any bright ideas? Or maybe im just retarded and not noticing something of the obvious

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
401 Posts
I know a buddy of mine jumped his car with the cables backwards and it fried a board in his system, it was a PITA to fix, I hope that didn't happen, did you check to see where the smoke was coming from, look for burned tracts on the boards, and check the wires in the area that was smoking. Keep us posted on what you find, and I hope it turns out to be something simple, good luck!

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
yeah bro sound like what you have is similar like mine! ..I know guys who do this ...they are pricey but man I've never been happy with their service! ohhh and they fixed some other stuff that I did not know about like ground connectors that were bad ....you get what you pay for ...and he qouted me saying there is not way I'm going to have problem with my electricals now!LOL

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn... I dont want to pay 500 bucks >_< ugh damn dad.. i need to sell this thing alredy not fix it..

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
You probably fried a fusible link, or two. Harder to find than a fuse, because they're in the wiring harness itself. There is one that is dedicated to the body harness. It sounds like that one is toast.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
jeremy check your fuses..like the box thats located under the sterring wheel, its next to ur left foot when u drive...cause i had a similar prob and found out it was a blown fuse.. then again thats what you get for going cheapo on a 2... :p

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
Fuses and fusible links are totally different. They perform the same function - but the fusible links are part of the harness, not in the fuse boxes (of which there are 3).

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
check the fuse in the frunk that is called ALT 120 A. it probably burned out. This happened to me on saturday and i was in the same situation. I had a thread about removing it on the MKII forum "removing fuse" if its that one there is a post on how to replace it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Oh, i wasn't discrediting whay you were saying ITA, i was referring to slickgg2, although i almost also told him to check the fuses, b.c everyone is hoping it's just a bad fuse for this situation.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok.. im going to TRY yo get to the fusible links but i have a feeling im going to splice everything :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts