MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i just recently bought this short shifter on ebay

and i was wondering if any of u guys can tell me how to install this? im kind of new on these kinda things, nd any help will be much appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh kool, thanks a lot! im def goin to work on it tomorrow. and if i do have any questions, ill be sure to ask you, thanks again.

-Mike

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I just did mine. First time I ever took apart anything from any car(other than brakes & intake). Compared to brakes, is is 1/25 of difficulty. Just remember to put all the bolts back in to place. There are 4 bolts supplied to allow u replace the OEM ones, since the shifter plate will change the depth and the OEM bolts wont fit well.

Just remember, put everthing back into place, and ur good.

Took me an hour the first time. But I was slackin and eating too lol

-Aaron

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
should only take 30min its not very hard but a mod that will feel nice compared to the stock 91' shifter. another mod i recommed is to buy the bronze shifter bushing from TWO's R' US, it makes the shifting feel much more solid and its only $30.00 two's generally ships pretty fast also.

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
.. how heavy is that shifter? i want a freakin TANK of a shifter! if its not heavy, im going to look into a lead ball for a shift knob!

.. i have a super toms spec shifter in mine :lol2:

·
Registered
21,388 Posts
another mod i recommed is to buy the bronze shifter bushing from TWO's R' US, it makes the shifting feel much more solid and its only $30.00 two's generally ships pretty fast also.
+1. my stock ones were actually in what looked like brand new condition, but the speed source brass bushings made an improvement. for the price, might as well buy em!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i finished installing the quick shifter. It defnitely feels a lot better and shifting, since i have a 91. the throw is a lot shorter. i think it cut around 40% of the throw. took me an hour also since this was the first time i've evern taken anything apart in my 2, haha. thanks [email protected] and the rest of u guys for the help. :]

-Mike

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heres some pix after the installation
dont laugh that i have a type R shift knob.. it came with the shifter, haha.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Very nice! Glad i could help, don't you just enjoy that ridiculous short throws? :) One more thing you might want to turn the knob counter/clockwise at about 180 degrees. :D

Miguel

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
One more thing you might want to turn the knob counter/clockwise at about 180 degrees. :D
no no his tranny really is reverse where 1st usually is and 1st where reverse is. :evillaugh bling bling: i think someone broke your headlights they don't close in all the way and seems like the neighborhood kids cut up you side vents. j/k nice car.

·
Registered
384 Posts
climax_mr2 said:
heres some pix after the installation
dont laugh that i have a type R shift knob.. it came with the shifter, haha.

where did you get that lil ring thing to wrap the shift boot around the shifter? i just intalled a short shifter with the same shift knob as urs, so i assume we have similar short shifter kit (i have megan racing). i'm having trouble with the shift boot staying around the shifter...thanks :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts