MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im installing my new BC BR coilovers and steel braided brake lines this afternoon.

Any info I might need to know before I start?

Ill post some pictures up later within the next week.

Got them on

On the SS lines from dynasty you have to reuse some of the old clips holding on the brake lines. Not a problem though.

I have drove it approximately 15 miles with these (coilovers and ss brake lines) and no alinement and can tell a night and day difference between my old worn out oe ones and these in a good way. Cant wait for the alinement and see what they can really do.

Before height measured from center of wheel 25" in the rear and 24.75" on the front stock

After measured from same spot 23" all the way around.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive been informed they are the best bang for you buck for under $1200. Well see. Ill def make a review and possibly a how to on brake lines and coilover replacement.

I know its simple. I was just curious if there might be some people who did something they didnt have to do and drag out the process.

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
Pretty straight forward like you said. I have BC coilovers as well, they ride pretty nicely on the terrible roads of Illinois.

I just loosen every nut before fully taking it out, so the stock suspension isnt flopping around trying to crack tight bolts. Mityvac helps bleeding :)

·
5sfeturbo.com
2,750 Posts
Just curious. What spring rates are you running?

I'm assuming that the drop measurement is from center of wheel to fender correct?

So a drop of 1.75 front correct?

From what I can tell, I have around 1.75 inches of up/down travel before tire hits widebody fender.

Anyone know what the normal day to day suspension travel is over bumps?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
12,681 Posts
5sfect20b said:
Just curious. What spring rates are you running?

I'm assuming that the drop measurement is from center of wheel to fender correct?

So a drop of 1.75 front correct?

From what I can tell, I have around 1.75 inches of up/down travel before tire hits widebody fender.

Anyone know what the normal day to day suspension travel is over bumps?

Thanks
On one early iteration of my coilovers I had about 2" of travel in the rear, and it bottomed out ALL the time. Now I have closer to 3", and I have not felt it bottom out since making that change. This is with 500lb/in (~10kg/mm) springs...

·
Banned
1,210 Posts
venom00 said:
Im installing my new BC BR coilovers and steel braided brake lines this afternoon.

Any info I might need to know before I start?

Ill post some pictures up later within the next week.

Got them on

On the SS lines from dynasty you have to reuse some of the old clips holding on the brake lines. Not a problem though.

I have drove it approximately 15 miles with these (coilovers and ss brake lines) and no alinement and can tell a night and day difference between my old worn out oe ones and these in a good way. Cant wait for the alinement and see what they can really do.

Before height measured from center of wheel 25" in the rear and 24.75" on the front stock

After measured from same spot 23" all the way around.

your wheels look clean did you strip the paint?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I drove it over 150 miles yesterday on multiple types of road. It is still bumpy like the stock suspension. Small bumps feel the same, but major bumps I can feel more.

We also have this wavy road where it goes up and down like this (^^^^^^^) if you know what I mean and you can feel it all the same.

I personally like this over the stock ones that were on mine, all though mine had 220k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Any pics of how it sits now? All the pics you posted have been deleted. How was the overall installation and adjustment? Did you run into any issues with the SS brake lines? Are those the standard spring rates or did you choose those? Did it also come with both front and rear camber plates? Will be looking into these to upgrade my suspension when the time comes. Thnx.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Celica GTE said:
Any pics of how it sits now? All the pics you posted have been deleted. How was the overall installation and adjustment? Did you run into any issues with the SS brake lines? Are those the standard spring rates or did you choose those? Did it also come with both front and rear camber plates? Will be looking into these to upgrade my suspension when the time comes. Thnx.

Back from the dead lol.

I fixed the rear from being so low shortly after the pictures were taken. Install and adjustment was easy. No issues with the SS lines. Those are the standard that come with the BC BR coilovers. Just front camber plates.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bc coilover

What endlinks did you use on the front? I put these on my car, & used the 2 that came on in the box on the rear & the stock rears on the front.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts