MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had this thing for months and finally decided to install it. Don't know why I waited, it was a piece of cake to install. Had to drill a total of 6 holes. Very nice craftsmanship by RonDawg. Maybe the next owner will paint the car and lip :)

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at the pics makes me wish I would have gotten TRD springs instead of Eibachs. The car needs to be a little bit lower.

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have orders to Iceland (military) I am due there in May and its a two year tour. I was planning on storing the car, the gov't will pay for this. It will be stored indoors and any required maintenance would be performed. But... I am thinking of going to Okinawa after my Iceland tour is up. That is a three year tour. 5 years in storage is a long time for a car.
I am still not sure what I want to do with the car yet. As soon as I get my hard orders I will make a final decision.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
86AW11 said:
I have orders to Iceland (military) I am due there in May and its a two year tour. I was planning on storing the car, the gov't will pay for this. It will be stored indoors and any required maintenance would be performed. But... I am thinking of going to Okinawa after my Iceland tour is up. That is a three year tour. 5 years in storage is a long time for a car.
I am still not sure what I want to do with the car yet. As soon as I get my hard orders I will make a final decision.

That just looks Beautiful

Don't sell it keep it let them do the Mait. it will be hard to find a 2 to your likings again and you have put a good bit of work in it. Let it be in storage for 5 yrs it will be even nicer when you get it out. Then everyone will be envious of you for owning such a nice MKI

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MR2 VRI said:
Could you ship your car and take it with you?
I could ship it to Iceland, but with 3 kids, my minivan is a better choice. There aren't many paved roads either. And the weather can be horrible.
I still have a little while before I have to decide.

Q

·
0 Posts
Keep it and after 5 yrs in storage,maybe you can talk the Gov into installing a 3s as part of the 5 yr maintenance program that all MK1's go through.No really everyone has to do that :angel: :evillaugh

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought it from RonDawg on this board. There is a group buy going on for the lip. Check the Group buy forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts