MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace my valve cover gasket. I have the larger rubber gasket, but from my understanding there is also a smaller inner VC gasket that I should replace at the same time. Could someone please give me the part number or tell me where I can buy it? thanks in advance

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
I got mine in a gasket kit with the main valve cover gasket where did you buy yours from I don't think it is something sold seperate because you can't reuse gaskets so it's impossible to not need to change both at the same time?!?!

·
Turtle Racer
16,058 Posts
^ yeah, when you buy the valve cover gasket (<- singular), you are actually getting two gaskets (<plural). i bought some felpros from autozone. came with new rubber grommets, and the two gaskets.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I believe I bought mine from Bumper-to-Bumper and they actually had both the single VC gasket and the VC complete kit option (which included the inner [do you call'em o-rings?] gaskets and screws)...the first one was like $19...and the latter $26. Obviously, I went for the package. Like everyone else on here, I also recommend ordering Twosrus' VC bolts set...it might cost you $16, but it's safer than your old screws. if you can return them VC gaskets, maybe do so...and try other stores...sorry I don't have a part number. Good luck though.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Toyota sells these parts individually. Sounds like that is where he went for these.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts