MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this posted on an Initial D website, a short preview for the new Initial D movie said to come out this summer. I know it's in japanese, but the video footage is cool. It'll be different and cool seeing Initial D that's not animated but actually filmed.

http://initialsource.com/~go2id/finaldistance/MakingofInitialD.wmv

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Cool vid...

It's not in Japanese though, it's in Chinese (Shanghai area). All those actors are famous Chinese actors... The guy playing Takumi is Jay Chou. Strange huh? I thought the Japanese would have done the movie.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha, I didn't even listen to the language to hear what it was I just assumed it was japenese. Yeah it's strange that the actors are chinese. Does this mean that the movie will be in Chinese and have subtitles for the Jap/English versions?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
YEAHHHHH1!!!!!oNE!!!!

Chinese actors are MUCH cheaper to hire, thats why.

Dude, that looks SO FRIGGIN SWEET

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
SWEEEEEEETTT

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I question them taking it from it's animated form and having real actors and real cars being filmed. It'll definetly be different and take the cartoon atmosphere/effect out of it. It'll definetly add some realism to it, but I dunno if it's worth the loss of the classic animated show. The characters just won't be the same. We'll see...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
dam i wish i had non-dial up internet

1 - 12 of 12 Posts