MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to prove my Hardtop yellow MR2 MKII was worth more money than other MR2s due to the rareness of the hartop and the color and the condition my car was in. My worst nightmare came to life and I was in an accident on saturday night when my right front tire blew out and the car spun out of control into a fire hydrant. I searched craigslist, cars.com, autotrader.com, ebay, google, and on here and could not find an MR2 comparable to mine. I need to prove mine was worth more to avoid getting the car totalled by insurance. PLEASE HELP if you have any ideas. Thanks.

Email: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Scott man Im sorry bout your car, hope ur okay....for as clean as a car that u have, nothing compares man, thats why its hard to find something similar...hope every thing works out bro....

fred

·
Since 1999*
7,117 Posts
OMG Scott I'm so sorry. I'm looking for an add I saw for a hardtop...

Edit: I can't find it now :(

:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
811 Posts
OMG! I'm sorry to hear that Scott. You had the cleanest car I have ever seen.
Give me a call if you need anything, you have my #.

-George

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
sorry to hear about your car. especially because of it's rarity.

i've heard of people having thier cars independantly appraised, but the thing is, once you have your car appraised for that value, you have to find someone that would insure your car for that much. i guess what i'm trying to say is that you've been paying insurance for a car that was worth in the eyes of the insurance company. now that it has been crashed, they will pay you the amount that you have been insured for.

that's just how i always though things worked, but im not sure. someone correct me if im wrong.

-tj

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
OMG Scott. I can't believe that happened and I will keep an eye out for high priced Mr2's. As for the car it was very clean everything was stock and clean! I hope everything goes well.

-Angelo

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yikes, that sucks. I had a similar experience, but insurance covered the hydrant at no charge to me. I didn't claim anything on the car. If they do total it, you should be able to buy it back from them at the totaled rate with the money they give you (and usually have some extra to fix it). GL

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
WishIOwned1 said:
Yikes, that sucks. I had a similar experience, but insurance covered the hydrant at no charge to me. I didn't claim anything on the car. If they do total it, you should be able to buy it back from them at the totaled rate with the money they give you (and usually have some extra to fix it). GL
But with the total comes problems in the futures, hassles i should say. Brake & Light Inspections. Little things like that the state makes sure you follow. Hope they don't total the vehicle....

fred

·
Registered
451 Posts
every insurance companies would not look upon your car's rarity or its rare factory options since there are still a huge amount of mr2's insured plus they look at it as a 2door sports car. for example A 10-15 year old car would not be valued as close original sticker price once the car is aging or even if it was appraised. i know many people who is in the insurance industry and i learned how they look on a vehicle value, cost of insuring a car/driver etc. i hope your agents will work something out for you.

Herb

·
Registered
20,021 Posts
sorry to hear about your car -- a customer of mine had his kid wreck his 1991 turbo and he got offered $5900 for it at first and then after that did his own research and got $8500 from the insurance company......

BTW -- if you want to sell it let me know -- i don't mind restoration jobs ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
NOooooo, so sorry to hear that man. You took such good care of that car. Hope you are ok and that everything works out for ya.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts