MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Ima noob obviously. I am going to pick up my blue(faded) mk1 soon hopefully! I dont know much about it, not even the year. All I know is that I saw it, gave it a 5 minute appraisal, and told the guy to keep it for me. Considering I will be paying 1-200 for the car, I dont think its too bad of a move, do you? its in pretty good shape, I think it runs, and body/interior need love but are nothing I cant handle. Im basicly going to get the car asap, and let it sit until I have time to mess with it. What do you guys think?
Yes Im looking forward to using the SEARCH tool often.
oh that noob question, right...umm... what kind of 18"s would look [email protected] on my r!de d00d? where can I get the R34 or evo kit from? and where can I get a 9" fart can from.... just kidding

--zak--

·
Premium Member
10,360 Posts
Welcome to the board. $100 -$200 sounds like a good price, especially if the car runs. Hit the parts for sale forums when you are ready to buy parts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I can't advise you on which 18's would look [email protected], but I can advise you NOT to put 18's on a MkI. They may look good, but the net result will be a slower car since the the 18's are much heaver and have a lot more rotating mass which is a power robbing thing!

Congrats on the new car and welcome to the board!

·
Premium Member
16,626 Posts
I think he indicated he's read enough to inject the "j/k' line about the 18" wheels, the evo kit, and the fart can. ;)

And zakats, welcome to the board! When (not if) you have questions that can't be answered by the FAQ's and searches, feel free to ask.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Also research your local area for junkyards, we all know you might need it.
Welcome aboard..

Peace-

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I know I will have lots of questions, I will never hesitate to ask it more like ya'll will tell me to shut up... Yeah 18"s I was joking! Come on, really! Oh I think I saw some one with Impreza RS wheels on another mr2 site on one of the "mr2 links" at the top of the page, is this common? I wish I didnt sell mine if they fit.
--zak--

1 - 7 of 7 Posts