MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I've had a lot go on in the last few weeks. I'm taking a job out in washington DC for which I'll be leaving in two weeks. pretty sudden I know, but I wanted to let you all know! It's be really awesome knowing all of you, lots of good memories. Best of luck in life and on your cars! I'm sure I'll still drop by to say hi.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
man Ian!

Wow, no more tennis instructor then?

It was cool knowing you!

Let's have a get together in lower WI for yah before you leave.

I guess this means no more cold WI Jan/Feb Toyota meets, eh?

Good luck out there bro!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
WISH YOU LUCK! It def was good times! Hope the job is great and you make some new friends! Taking the car with you?

Greg.

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Ian, it was a pleasure to meet ya bro! especially since you're the other MR2 owning Ian around here. good luck in everything you do bro, and god bless!

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys......it was great getting to know all of you too. Yes I am taking the na out there, I'm hoping that the 2 guys in the DC area are somewhat active too. I'd really like to continue doing track days like I did last year also.

David I'd love to do a meet but I really don't think I'll have time. We're actually leaving a week from tomorrow, and we have more things to do than it seems possible to accomplish. i'd really like to if it were possible though.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Its been fun Ian. glad your moving up in the world.. Keep in touch and visit the IL/WI/IN local fourm to let us know how things are out there.. If I ever get out that way for the races i will look you up. Im shure we will meet again

Trent

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
It's always good to see people getting oportunities in life. Make the most of it. I only met you a couple of times but I could tell you were good people. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks Trent and Keith, great to know ya both. People have been real supportive about us making the move which has helped out, eventhough we both grew up in this area and our families are here etc. it was a tough choice to make.......

hopefully I see you all again some day, and ya if any of you end up coming out that way seriously let me know.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
WHAT!!!! :eek: :eek: Say it aint so Ian biddy!!!! How did you find a job way out there? P.M. me your number again so we can stay in touch man.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Take care Ian! I'll always remember that Celica/MR2 meet you hosted a few years back (Jan '04?). That may be one reason why I decided to upgrade to an MR2 after I crashed my Celica.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya sorry danny, heh. It's been good knowin ya. I'll post my new cell number after I get out there.

Jigglypuff! The infamous late arival, after going through so much to get to that meet, heh. glad you got an Mr2, as great as the gen 5 celica was, I had one too. thanks for coming up to that meet it was cool to see people from different places.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Ian, I wish you and your wife the best of luck with your new endeavors.

I'm going through the same thing in my life right now. In fact, we'll be moving the third week in February. I sold my house last week and close on 2/24. So we off to Morro Bay, CA. afterwards. At least you have a job lined up, you're one step ahead of me. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Never met you, but I'm sad that we're short an Ian now. :( At least this thing is on the internet so if you lose contact you can't blame the move- we blame you! Bah!

Anyways- have fun out there and take care!

-Arthur

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks crazed, dang thats a big move man, hopefully you get a job soon.

thanks arthur. Don't worry I'll still be checking in. I want to keep involved with the 2.

·
Registered
142 Posts
never met you but im sure your a cool guy cause everyone here is saying you are. Good luck on your new life and god bless

1 - 17 of 17 Posts