MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys...

Some of you may know me from AKA Groub Buy intrest forums (im the guy who is developing custom Gauge Cluster for the MR2)

I got some new for ya... With the Help of one of your forums member (sorry Toby, i dont know your Screen Name) im getting MR2 this weekend..

There are 2 options for me right now... This car im getting wound be used as daily driver, becose i Own A 6Gen celi, with is my main target cuz i worked already 3 years on it, and this year im finishing instaling Turbo kit and repainting my body kit, so she will be my main consern.. I found 2 MR2's.. One Turbo 91 with the damage on the passenger side rear fender (posible damage to the rear wheel, car still drives but im not sure about all this...) another one is 3SGE black 92 Clear, total stock...

The turbo version will be about 3000$ for it, with the damage..

Question: how hard can the damage be if there was damage to the wheel? Like, do parts from Celi or other toyotas may fit? Cuz there is a problem with MR's here (Lithuania, Europe) cuz they are very rare... So dont know what to do about it... Gonna see how it is on weekend...

The 3SGE version is clean, good looking stock MR.. The problem with it it has 220.000 km on the clock... So the engine has a bit life left still... price for it is practicly the same.. about 3000$...

here are the pics:
N/A version

And Turbo one (you can see the damage)

Give your options guys.. i really need them..,. cuz im new in all the MR2 scene...

And by the way, i compleatly forgot to tell you why im buying MR2... im gonna do the Custom Bodykit for it, its gonna be for sale later this year... and lots of other Parts for MR2 will be developed, so expect to see somthing Unique and new..

Thanks,
Romas

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'd go for the n/a in your shoes. For a daily driver it would be much less headache, little to no warm up time, less upkeep, the list goes on...
not to mention it's the 3sge and it's black! Pic looks good...

·
Registered
811 Posts
-I'd get the N/A since its your daily driver, the maintenance on a turbo is much more than one on an N/A. Plus your gas mileage will be better. I don't know what its like in your country, but in CA, the damage to the turbo would probably be considered a total loss.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry guys, you missunderstod me (im not that good at english :( ) This car will be mainly a PROJECT car celi is my daily driver :)

This car will be fully build up, with custom Bodykit and etc... :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Here I am :)

I'm the person that got the stone rolling ;) You know just take what looks better when you see it in person because the damage won't be a big thing if its just a little metall...

@others

Just look out for our new bodykit which will be out in the summer :)

I had the idea, doggy builds it and I will sell them :)

With quality made in europe and perfect fitment.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the Black N/A...... The turbo was so trashed..... it was really sad to see that the Turbo one was so not cared off... all the interior was riped off, engine was all in oil.. the engine didnt even started.. so i drove for the N/A one, and got it... it is in perfect condition, compleatly stock :)

Well, keep you eyes open guys, cuz soon it will be transformed to the Custom build MR2...

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Try to keep the kit clean! It looks like a very nice stock car as is, being that they are so rare in your area im not sure how much I would do to it.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
go for the black one

hay i have a 1992 5sfe n/a mr2, it is my first car and is a daily driver that id driven a little harder than a daily driver should be sometimes, ;) but man i love that car so much. i have never had any problems, start up and go, handles well, great daily driver and a fun car for the weekend, i would say go with the n/a you wont regret it.
tred

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
D3xt3r Interesting, not bad. Funny thing is that is not real far off on the body kit I may be developing in the future, here is mine:

·
Registered
102 Posts
When the kit is completed I will be searching for a offical distributor for the US where you can buy the kit or single pieces from it. But it wont be priced like the 700$ full kits from ebay.com. These kits will be near OEM fit and finish and will carry a pricetag that will show this as production will be expensive.

I had so much problems with cheap bodykit parts in the past and I dont want to provide my customers with things that need hours of sanding or tons of bondo to get them to sit right.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im still working on them... Covers are 90% compleated, having a hard time making Needles glow bright... And im waiting for the Gauge faces grin for serigraphy beeing done... so still there aer some work left, but then i finished i will post new topic with all the updates and etc :) Thanks fro asking this ;)

dogzilla said:
Hey doggy, wut's up with the custom gauges?! any updates?!

·
Registered
268 Posts
alright~
I am really looking forward to see the final product, I am defiently in for one of these if the price is right.

M

·
0 Posts
tight, i like the bumper on the yellow one, i would buy that one, the rear bumper on the black one is nice too, if it had two slits for exhaust itd fit well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts