MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to fix a small leak in the clutch line and now it just dumps out when the clutch is pushed in. Im at a point in my life where I need to concentrate on more important things than my car. Im going monday to the chevy dealership to look at a cobolt. Most of you guys know the car. Think I could get $4500 with the vented hood? If not im going to try and get $3500 (what I owe on it) the way it is. It runs but you have no clutch. Think its possible? (Josh if someone wants the car cheaper I will keep you in mind for the hood.)

·
2 less in Richmond.
20,801 Posts
:( I hope you stick around in the community, even without the car.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definantly. I will own another one at some point. Just right now is not the time

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Dude it doesn't sounds that bad, you probably have air in the lines. Can you drive it still?? If so stop by the house tomorrow and we'll work on it.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It a leak you can see it shooting out and hear it hit the ground and a nice big puddle on the ground. I just cant afford the car any more. I need something that I can trust will get me to work. Not only that but I cant have any fun in it anymore. Im always just waiting fo rthe next thing to break. The car isnt really driveable. You have to put it in gear with the car off and get it rolling with the starter. after that you cant stop and you have to rev match to shift. Thats not the only thing I have to fix.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
If you sell some of the aftermarket stuff you have like the exhaust I'll buy it. Plus can you post some recent pics of the car?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude. It sucks when you lose something you love whether it be a car, person, or animal. If you let it go, also consider me for the hood. Mine got damaged when it flew up and smashed off my windshield.

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WoLLy said:
It sucks when you lose something you love whether it be a car, person, or animal.
Its funny you say that. I was goign to write "If my hamsters are dead then I will have lost all three" well guess what I found out today. So I lost my wife and daughter in a divorce im loosing my car and my hamsters are dead. What else could go wrong.

·
No! My car is not cute!
1,776 Posts
Dang Jesse, sorry to hear of your troubles. What's wrong with your starter? Maybe if you can hang out till the weekend, I can come take a look. Maybe we can fix it.

Not that my opinion matters... I hate those cobolts! Get a Scion TC... The engineering is twice as good as it is on the cobolt. I hate hopped up cavaliers.

·
Registered
7,077 Posts
i know what you are going through, for about 4 months my car would brake down every week or every other weel :( i spent about $7K on it this year and if now finally runs perfect. i would say hang in there, i know it sucks come monday and the car wont get you to work but with a bit more work it will eventualy be ok, i managed to hold on and i am 17, just my 2 cents, best of luck :)

·
No! My car is not cute!
1,776 Posts

·
R.I.P. Red
3,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Deno said:
Dang Jesse, sorry to hear of your troubles. What's wrong with your starter?
Nothings wrong with the starter. Its the clutch line. I have to use the starter to get the car rolling (starting it in gear with the clutch out). Im going to try one thing. If it works I will re-evaluate selling the car (I have put so much time and money into it.) I really do need something more practicule but we'll see. If it doesnt work then bye bye car. Im going to try and splice the hard line with a compresion fitting. I know its not the best way but it should be OK untill I can get a new hard line and run that. Or maybe just get alot of braided line and run that. I think that might be easyer.

**Edit** I actually found a 2005 grand prix (just about fully loaded) for about 14.5k around here. I might go look at that. I like that way the grand prixs look and everyone I talked to like thiers (including Tiffs new boy friend)

·
No! My car is not cute!
1,776 Posts
See Manning likes it!

Let me know if I can help you with the line. I think the compression fitting would work fine on a clutch. I wouldn't use it on the brakes but I don't see why not on a clutch line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts