MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i would like to know if you guys think this is a good deal. Im going to buy this JDM 3SGTE swap for my 91 N/A http://japandomesticmotor.com/viewengin.asp?id=32
jeck it out and let me know what you think... they said that it will be 1,883 to my door, but it doesnt come with an intercooler or an air flow meter from what i can gather.. anyone know of any other deals like this.. better or worse? thanks for the help. Also, if i do go through with this, anyone have a cheap Air Flow Meter or stock intercooler and fan for sale?

thnx,
"soon to be 91 MR2 Turbo"

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
Also, to know if its 90-92 or a 93, ask them if the spark plug wires have a clip to hold them to the distributor cap=93 ...or if it has just a standard rubber booth. to hold it on the distributor cap.=90-92.
also, if its a 93, the ECu par number will end with 17380.
A 93 will have a 9 studs exhaust manifold when the 90-92 will have 7.
hope it helps.
To know if the tranny is lsd, ask them if there is a bar going throught the axles hole or if there is a donut. If there is a bar, it will be lsd.
Chris

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
your price is good depending if its a 93 or not. and if it has lsd or not. btw, to install it in your NA, you will need the rear hubs and axles.
Chris

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rascaca said:
your price is good depending if its a 93 or not. and if it has lsd or not. btw, to install it in your NA, you will need the rear hubs and axles.
Chris
why do i need the hubs and axles...w ill it work without em?

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
hubs: will cost you $150
axles: if not lsd $200 if lsd $350
shifter cables: $120
intercooler: 50$

Its a normal price IMO The important thing is if inside the oil cap, its clean.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
could you give me a site that i can get these items for that price?
thanx for all the help! i would have run into these problems too late and would have been without a car for a while...

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
I have all this stuff except for the axles(i have lsd ones but i think you need non-lsd ones since the 92 year have lsd rarely). Also, my hubs are non-abs.
Email me personnally and we could work out a deal.
[email protected]
Chris

·
Registered
499 Posts
Thats roughly what I paid and from my experience I can tell you that you should get a rear clip it will make everything so much easier.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts