MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its Alive! a worn wire was the cause for the car not running, the shop went throught a bunch of wires today and found the problem. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
giddyup, glad to hear it man.....we should go scooting sometime soon if the weather is nice. I shoud have my car back this weekend :)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
hahah nice :). Trent, what did i say to that mechanic at the shop "could it be a worn wire grounding out or something?" mechanics answer "no, thats impossible" Well thats awesome that they found the problem anyways. I can stop by tomorrow, let me know.
-Terry

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whitemr291 said:
hahah nice :). Trent, what did i say to that mechanic at the shop "could it be a worn wire grounding out or something?" mechanics answer "no, thats impossible" Well thats awesome that they found the problem anyways. I can stop by tomorrow, let me know.
-Terry
yea stop by my work so I can pay the shop for my car.

what time is good for you?

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picked up the car today. car runs great just like it did before it broke down. the Mech said that there was a 3 wire junction and one wire was frayed and rusted away from the other 2 wires. he reconnected it and it runs fine again. drove it 8 miles to work and it runs fine. I will drive it home tonight and stor it in the garage untill the wash and wax day.

Trent

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Nice. I go pick up my car at 3pm today.....I'm so excited. I got my new steering wheel to put on it too.. w00t w00t. I'll be doing a lotof driving tonight to break the clutch in. I want that mofo all said and done. lol Glad to hear your car is up and running.

andrew

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
infinitezero said:
Nice. I go pick up my car at 3pm today.....I'm so excited. I got my new steering wheel to put on it too.. w00t w00t. I'll be doing a lotof driving tonight to break the clutch in. I want that mofo all said and done. lol Glad to hear your car is up and running.

andrew

cool Andrew love to see how the new wheel looks. Im changing the oil before I go driving and boosting on it. I can only imagine how much fuel has gotten into the oil from trying to start it with no spark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts