MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
91T 4thGen Swap
636 Posts
It is a fairly common part in Toyota's of the era. If you have a PickNPull/ Car wrecker near by it would be worth the trip to find one. Cannot imagine a wrecker charging you more than a few dollars for one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
It is a fairly common part in Toyota's of the era. If you have a PickNPull/ Car wrecker near by it would be worth the trip to find one. Cannot imagine a wrecker charging you more than a few dollars for one.
I'll keep that in mind. I used Epoxy to cover the hole as recommended and I'll be doing another smoke test today to find more leaks. Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hey everyone! I have an update. The epoxy covered the hole perfectly! I did another smoke test and I have another leak in the tubing that connects the AFM to the throttle body. I'm attaching a video below:

Smoke Test Nov 21

Is it better to just replace the whole tubing or is it cheaper to fix just that part?

Thanks again to everyone for the help.

·
Premium Member
12,814 Posts
If you can find the part, by all means grab it. You may be stuck fixing it anyways. MK1 parts are generally not to be had, unless you happen to find one that has been frozen in a glacier for thirty years.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts