MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a relatively simple solution for a double wishbone I though why re invent the wheel.

Looking around I was thinking about this for a while
The prelude front suspension would be an Ideal candidate,
Designed for a low sports car
28 spline hub like turbo
11.3" rotors and twin pistons from legend will fit knuckle~Hydraulic hand brake would be required. The NSX rear caliper will also fit.
You may be able to use the front LCA and trailing arm from the prelude. The lengths look close but I'd have to measure.
only a trailing arm and upper control arm anchor points would need to be fabbed.

The Shock towers would need to be widened and reinforced to allow for travel of the upper arms.

The difference in radii of the arms will give a nice negative camber curve.

My thinking is whenever possible use off the shelf Items in case something happens.

Race weekend you have a beautifully custom fabricated part that fails your up a creek, VS go to you local parts shop swap it out and get back out there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
So, the Honda hub will take the Turbo axle?
You can keep the standard LCA and trailing arm.
For the top, you can use the Honda? Or, have one fabricated. They are cheap to fabricate then fit rose joints so you can adjust to suit.
I like the idea. Have been thinking about this one for quite some time. The Supra rear hub is another option. Alloy hub, same LCA set up as the MR2 with a 'A' link up top.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Parts from Honda way cheaper than lotus.
And the prelude lca will have to be used its about the same length as mr2.
Mr2 tie rod
Mr2 Trailing arm needs a flange to bolt to LCA
I'd use a adjustable upper control arm to mess with camber curve.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I was just thinking about this the other day. I'd love for someone to show this in action or show an overall concept of how they would accomplish it via a diagram.

·
Registered
12,511 Posts
Subscribing. Im very interested. Ive always wished the MR2 had double wishbone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts