MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could this be a problem with the fuel/air mixture? I dont have the problem under normal driving, just if I drive it hard. My gas mileage has been around 28/33. I have a 86 na.

I used to have another 86 na and I had to replace a sensor that regulated the fuel/air mixture, I dont remember the name of it. Before it was replaced the mpg were getting steadly worse and got as low as 20 mpg (I also had problems passing smog) and then the engine flooded. After it was replaced I was getting 32/37!

My 86 that I have now passes smog, but the co readings are 15.2 and the limit is 20. The smog readout says that high co readings mean fuel/air mixture is rich. Can this sensor be adjusted or just replaced? What is the proper name for this sensor?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
yeah i have an 86 na and when i bought the car i noticed i smelt gas. didn't think much of it. I asked the seller about it and he said he had the car lifted and they couldn't find anything. Well later on I figured it out.(so i thought).. my fuel damper sensation (something like that) was leaking out raw fuel(made me understand why i was loosing an 1/8 tank over night). So i replaced it and can still smell fuel. But onlly when I run it and have the windows down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts