MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me find one? i live in so cal........need one bad=)
got a ticket and got hit on not having my licence plate attached to the front of my car sucks for me but hey.......im learning from it.....

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had the same problem, except I had a JDM bracket and I had to drill new holes in my plates!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Toyota makes a license plate bracket specifically for the front bumper on the MR2. I can get one to you for $25 shipped. Give me a call if you want it 1-800-590-0304.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Gocasen said:
Put it in your front window. Thats how i roll in an accident though the thing will become a saw lol and my head is in its path.

lol so your recommending the saw of death?

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I recommend not drilling holes in the front bumper of a beatiful car. And i don't know if it would saw your head off. I know mine is logged good. Someone just posted about a nice bracket that screws in were youcan't see and when removed looks like there was never a front liscense plate thing costs 75 dollar but on a normal car at 50+ mph it bends back and dissappears.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Gocasen said:
Put it in your front window.
This does not work in Califorina (The bay area at least). Mainly due because of the bridges. The way I see it is I shouldnt have to put one on because the car didnt come like that hah. Ive gotten No front plate ticket 7 times already with both of my cars. I get them written off so it's a $10 fine. I finally put one on my daily driver though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We have the same problem in ohio, i got pulled over for having my front plate in the window so i drilled 4 new holes in it and zip tied it into the front grill, its a little hillbilly but it works and it doesnt look too bad either

·
Registered
281 Posts
just go to home depot and buy a sub-2 dollar metal bar. bend/cut and drill a few holes, and you have your own bracket.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
drill holes in the underside of the bumper. Then use some 90 degree metal pieces to form supports for the plate and you're done.
If you do it this way the drilled holes are hidden and you don't block the radiator at all.

I did this on my car, then my dad copied my design for his.

·
Premium Member
13,129 Posts
MR2000GTE said:
drill holes in the underside of the bumper. Then use some 90 degree metal pieces to form supports for the plate and you're done.
If you do it this way the drilled holes are hidden and you don't block the radiator at all.

I did this on my car, then my dad copied my design for his.
Yes, DO THIS. Thats the way my car was when I bought it (originally a new jersey car, if i remember correctly, aparently they dont have front plates there, so it never had a mount). Then when it got moved to washington at some point in its life they added the plate this way. I am SOO glad they didn't drill holes in the bumper. Only downside is the plate DID scrape some paint off of the lower lip of the bumper, but o well. Just keep it as far forward as you can and that shouldnt be an issue.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts