MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Comes from that harness and then to ecu. I’m so lost on this I really do not know what to do where to check. Anything.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How do I adjust ignition timing. I had the dizzy out cause I bought a new one but turns out it was the wrong one :) i have no clue what I’m looking for

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Okay well I cranked it till timing marks lined up and she runs, just superrrr rich puffin smoke

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have the map sensor unplugged, thatll cause it right? Also plug wires arent the best, I ordered some but they were wrong. I appreciate the help, it idles and back fires along with intake backfire, I double checked timing but could be off on the dizzy side.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Alright so correction, unplugged turbo boost sensor. How does this affect it what’s its purpose, Any ideas why it’ll only run unplugged besides being bad?

·
2,195 Posts
I have the map sensor unplugged, thatll cause it right? Also plug wires arent the best, I ordered some but they were wrong. I appreciate the help, it idles and back fires along with intake backfire, I double checked timing but could be off on the dizzy side.
Why have you unplugged it? This engine needs the MAP sensor to calculate the fuel MAP. It's not like the GEN2 with AFM where the sensor only runs the boost gauge and fuel cut protection.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I’m not familiar with these at all, I was just lookin around testing the sensors. Car will not start with it plugged in and dies when I plug it in. I’m gonna assume it’s bad

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Car won’t start with it plugged in, pretty sure it’s stopping the injector pulse

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Does anyone have the boost pressure sensor?? 400 dollars for this damn thing anywhere else. Or is there a boost sensor I can use from a different make and model turboed car

·
6,080 Posts
You can use a gen4 or gen5 caldina MAP sensor but the mounting is different. They go around $150 used. Seems like the MAP sensor might be shorted. For a test I would turn the key on and measure the voltage of VC and E1 with the MAP sensor plugged and unplugged. You should have 5v if it changes a whole lot when you plug the sensor in you know the sensor is bringing the voltage down and is bad.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts