MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a MKI MR2 with a silvertop 20v engine in it. The ecu burned out, and I am having trouble trying to find another ecu or get it repaired. I was wondering if any of you either had an ECU, or knew somewhere to look. The part number is 89661-12770.

I want my car back:(

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If that's what I have to pay, then that's what I have to pay. The ECU is grounding out one of the main power wires for the engine relay. It blows the fuse everytime I plug the ECU up. I opened it up and there is some solder thats blown out of what looks like a resistor.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
That blown resistor means that something else was grounding out and it blew beacause of it. Check the wiring to the O2 sensor if there is one and make sure it isn't shorted to ground some where. Make sure the wiring is good or you'll kill the new ECU.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah I've been checking all the sensors and the wiring, trying to track down what exactly shorted out. That will all be for nothing though if I can't find an ECU, so I'm trying to look for one while I find what killed my original ECU.

Edit: Also, after looking at the MegaSquirt I don't think I have the time or money for that. This is my only car right now, so I need to get it running asap. Though I wouldn't mind checking this out in the future.

·
20v Super Two
5,026 Posts
I've got two spares, $120 shipped to your door. I have one for the 91 and 92 model, and one for the 93 model. I'll check the part number and get in touch with you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts