MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought a 93 na mr2 and the ac isn’t working. I’ve tried to find a new condenser but it seem to be discontinued. I was wondering is there any other condenser that is compatible to these cars? The condenser on the car right now has a slight bend which I’m thinking isn’t holding the refrigerant. Previous owner said he charged it but the next day it was all out.

if this is on a wrong thread I’m sorry in advance. Please move to correct thread. I’m new to the site

·
Premium Member
11,975 Posts
Leak check the parts before you start switching them. Jumping to conclusions will set you up for a world of grief. For example, the leak is often a pinhole in one of the long pipes under the car, and if so, you would want to know that up front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leak check the parts before you start switching them. Jumping to conclusions will set you up for a world of grief. For example, the leak is often a pinhole in one of the long pipes under the car, and if so, you would want to know that up front.
Thanks I’ll def check that out

·
Registered
42 Posts
The one I bough had a manufacturing date code on it from 2018. Makes me think batches are still actively being produced.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you manage to have the part number?

It's either 8846017060 if your car came with R12

or 8846017080 if your car came with R134A from the factory.

Definitely give them your VIN number to confirm which part is right prior to buying. It's not clear to me where the cutoff is for R12/R134A and a lot of cars that have been converted to R134A are done well making it hard to tell for sure if it was factory or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's either 8846017060 if your car came with R12

or 8846017080 if your car came with R134A from the factory.

Definitely give them your VIN number to confirm which part is right prior to buying. It's not clear to me where the cutoff is for R12/R134A and a lot of cars that have been converted to R134A are done well making it hard to tell for sure if it was factory or not.
Thank you!! Did you order straight from toyota?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts