MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well, I have been playing GT4 for a few weeks now. I got my B and A license all the way up to all SILVER (with a few gold in there). I go and read about 80 golds and feel insignificant. To top it off, I am stuck with the GT World Champ Cup. I have the Jag race car from European Cup at 905hp and can't win the first race! I do well with sticky tires, but they don't last through the race and with a longer lasting tire, I can't maintain position. :(

I suppose I'll get better in time, but it's just depressing for now.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
I think I'm pretty good at GT4...

But I just can't beat a lot of the missions, they just seem... Insane.

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
I don't really progress in the game all my friends and I like to do races against each other and time trials on certain courses and make goals for ourselves. we have a gt200 class going on right now that my mr-s is king of pumping out a 218 whp is coming in at a 1 03.5 around tsukuba if anyone online ever wants to participate just post up your times. our limits are stage 2 weight reduction only, race flywheel and clutch, stock tranny no short or long gears, and only semi racing exhaust if any. rollcages allowed refresher plan is not. full suspension allowed even originals.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Blaze-65 said:
our limits are stage 2 weight reduction only, race flywheel and clutch, stock tranny no short or long gears, and only semi racing exhaust if any. rollcages allowed refresher plan is not. full suspension allowed even originals.
I'll take that on right now :)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Renault Megane 16v

Race flywheel
Race clutch
Semi-race exhaust
Stage 2 weight reduction
Race suspension
The rest is stock
161 hp

Time: 1:04.701

Although I don't quite get how you have a GT200 class but run a car with almost 220hp. And I also don't see how a semi-race exhaust being the only power-adder can net you 218hp on the Spyder :p

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
doh forgot to add that fact that motors are free to tune, turbo, supercharge and what not lol ... just keep it under 220 at the wheels ... I forget what the mr-s was given but it's all motor as far as motor but chipped stage 1 at least on the motor port and polish ... car was originally 244 I downtuned it to go against my friends ... they banned my car because it ran a 1 02.988 this morning =( .... we are pondering over a power to weight restriction and tire restriction but right now we all have s2's

very nice time btw^^^

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I wish it could go faster, I probably could now that I know I can use motor upgrades

I'll try later

I'll also try with a car that isn't a piece of crap :)

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
lol I'm using an old supercharged mr2 also that is whooping some rear end but that thing likes to get sideways, as far as mkII's go I'm saving those for the gt300 I forget what the limit is for those cars but I'm keeping pretty entertained from the gt200 right now ... we got the idea off of bmi how they do there touge races and the amuse s2000 was the gt300 car and they kept the cars limited to certain tires weights and powers it's cool watching that car tromp on the others lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
has anybody done any of the snow and dirt races they are kind of hard right now i`m at 33% completed and about 70 cars in my garage about $2million to spend but thos snow and dirt races are really hard and also the wet track is really hard

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
I don't really progress in the game but I like those races they are hard especially when your stuborn like me and beleive honest to god that my stock rally impreza can win any race if I try hard enough ... sometimes it does other times I think it would be easier to spend some of my mad money on a faster car lol.

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
the wheel is nice ... my friend has it but it doesn't swing back as fast as a normal car which makes things like rally and drifting harder because you need the wheel to suddenly be all the way left and then straighten up for a chicane. I have given that thing a beating though and it works just as good as the day i first played it.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The only track I have issues with is Nurenburg. I do fine in the slower sections, but some of the high speed turns comming into braking zones, I just can't maintain control, no matter what i'm driving.

Wet races are easy, but snow is hard as hell. I hate the snow rallys.

·
Finally running!!
1,125 Posts
Jrocket said:
The only track I have issues with is Nurenburg. I do fine in the slower sections, but some of the high speed turns comming into braking zones, I just can't maintain control, no matter what i'm driving.

Wet races are easy, but snow is hard as hell. I hate the snow rallys.
You know when I first started playing Gt4 and saw nurburgring I thought it was a track no man can learn because it was so big but after running a 4 lap session around the track one time I love that track but only one of my friends is ever game to race for more then one lap on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts