MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Heres some pics. I need a bigger higher resolution pic though. I have to do some research before the conversion and use only OEM parts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where did you get those wonderful wheels and how much were they?! They look kinda like the MKIII wheels, but edgier. Beautiful machine.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Your tastes are EXACTLY like mine. I hunted everywhere for the 98+ rims. When I couldn't find them, I gave up and went with Konig Villains, which are basically like 17" versions of those rims. I love the 98+ spoiler in conjunction with the 94+ tail lights, and you can see the review section for the enthusiastic review of the Fujitsubo Exhaust, which I have on my car as well.

Did you go so far as to get the 93+ crossmember, 98+ shift knob, stainless steel door sills, and JDM red-stitched OEM steering wheel? How about the CT20b? If you did, then your car would be identical to a real 98+ JDM MR2, well, with the steering wheel on the left side, of course. I envy you. Excellent work.

Man, since Toyota has no idea what to do with their american sports car lineup (aside from the supercharged Scion Tc -- it's still Wrong Wheel Drive) I say that they should re-release the MR2 exactly as it was in 1998-99 in Japan. BEAMS 3S-GE for the NA, 4th Gen Caldina 3S-GTE for the turbo. Since the parts and engineering aspect of it are already done, they could make a Crossfire/350Z/RX-8/SRT-4 killer for relatively little money. All I'd redesign are the headlights, making an NSX-style flushmount. And how cool would it be to have a car re-released in it's initial form? Nobody has ever done that. Sure, you get modern/retro re-designs like the new Z and Mustang, but I'm talking about nearly the *exact* same MR2 as in 1998-99. All of the colors could be bright, flashy colors that were never done on the first-run MR2's like bright Daytona Blue and WRX-style Silver as to further seperate the old from the new. Then, suddenly we'd all have access to all these newer parts that could retrofit on our existing MR2's. Is there a way to contact Toyota CEO's and pitch the idea, anyone? Don't you agree it's the Best Idea Evar? :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts