MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to the book store right now and check out the magazine 'Autosport'. It comes packaged with a 2006 DemonTweeks catalog. The magazine is 'meh' but the catalog is 'wheeeee!'. :thumbup

Buy or steal. Your choice.

I know DT has a website, but screw the transatlantic shipping costs. Too high. That's money that could have been spent on parts. Why isn't there a DemonTweeks USA?

They have all of the high quality, hard-to-find motorsports stuff that I'm always looking for. It makes Summit and Jegs look like JC Whitney or Pep Boys. Can you buy an actual Formula 1 helmet at Summit? No.

Please email DemonTweeks and tell them to open up shop over here.

·
Administrator
42,296 Posts
funny. One of the first dates I went on with my ex-wife was to Demon Tweaks :)
She never let me forget that... oh, and that Carb I bought her for her birthday... never do that. bad.

Demon Tweaks was the size of a small strip mall shop. Every space including the ceiling had something hanging on it. It was awesome! But soooo small. Years later I went back and they had a bigger shop, much like a autozone, again, stacked to the ceiling.

I used to buy my tires (tyres) from a shop in Essex that was the most awesome tire/wheel shop ever. If it was made, they had it in stock.

What I found amazing was some of the more famous tuners. When I lived in the village of Waldringfield in Suffold, next to the BT Research Centre, there was a small industrial park. In the park was this old beatup metal building. In it was a group of guys that built F1 engines years earlier. When I was there they were into Ford heads and FF stuff. I really forget their name. But damn they knew thier stuff. They loved looking at my Shelby GLHS motor.

The UK is a much better place for what we like to do. Though it does come at a price. A very steep price.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never knew you lived in England. Cool.

I was thinking that DemonTweeks could use the website for orders and rent a warehouse somewhere in the US to fill the orders. If things worked out, they could open up a showroom and mail out North America catalogs. If things went sour, they could just pack up and go home....stop renting the warehouse/ship the stock back to England/leave the website alone.

All they need is several thousand emails pressuring them into doing it.:D

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...and why the hell would they like a GLHS engine?:D The intake manifold is on the WRONG side.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Speaking of Demon Tweeks, I want a Janspeed exhaust, but I am either too cheep or too broke.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I just found out that Primm pretty much does what I was thinking DemonTweeksUSA would do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts