MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.

i am an owner of an 89 mr2 and i have been researching the engines that will go in to my R2. i have thought about makin yet another mk1.5 but since i am too lazy and noone would help i have decided to just get an SC engine and just swap it in. i have found a jdm SC engine for 800. but what i really want to know is what is the max safest powergain that i could get without spending too much money.

if i upgrade the pulleys,
should i change the cam shafts and gears?

what hp am i looking at and what is the next logical step in my search for horsepower?

CAUSE I AM TIRED OF MY COUSIN ON HIS 2001 ACURA RSX AND MY OTHER COUSIN ON HIS HONDA PRELUDE VTEC..

i want something that will whup on people and make mee feel better about driving it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
trash the S/C and get a turbo. the turbo makes alot more power than the S/C does and if you have a S/C ECU it will feed up to 15PSi with no problem. that will most defintely whup on people and make you feel much better bout drivin it.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Get the SC engine. Add a pulley for another 30 HP then if you feel like you need more add some cams with gears for another 500 bucks. Bout 1600 total and you should have more than enough to whoop both cars.

N

·
0 Posts
if all else fails make fun of them for only being able to do cookies in reverse!!

·
Charter Member - Group W
2,028 Posts
professorchaos said:
i have found a jdm SC engine for 800.
Is the $800 engine local by any chance? Last I checked they were running $1000.

Please be aware that it is more than just a drop in. YOu need the correct MAP ecu and all the ignition stuff too. Really you need a half cut to do the job easily.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts