MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will they come after me or just drop it or what? Can I ask for an extension?

·
Registered
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
o, btw it was givin to me by the school parking enforcment. Not a cop but they got the vin and plate numbers....

·
Registered
137 Posts
i got a ticket at UCR and wasnt gunna pay it but i learned that if u dun pay it in the alotted time then they send it to the DMV... but that was UCR... dunno about CSUN

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
prolly same... just pay it.. its only like 25 bucks right?

if you dont pay and they find out,, then they will higher the bill... usually double then triple

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
yea dmv gets it after a while and when you try to get plates they wont give them to you, and by that time the fee will be tripple

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
if you don't pay, it will go to the DMV and eventually you can get a point on your record. That's what i have heard.

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
if you don't pay they will make you smog your car and impound your dvds

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Treat it like a regular parking ticket. If you don't pay, the fees will increase and DMV will hold your registration.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
yah. ive had tickets at UCLA and CSUF. your better off just paying the ticket (at most it can only be 42 dollars) better safe than sorry. my friend on the other hand has contested parking tickets at UCSD and has won all of them lol.

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
MR2T32 said:
if you don't pay, it will go to the DMV and eventually you can get a point on your record. That's what i have heard.
You wouldn't get a point on your record, you just can't have your car registered until you pay that ticket.

Why didn't you pay in the 1st place Jon??

Peace-

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Treat CSUN police as if it were LAPD, they have a gun and a badge and you are suppose to follow THEIR rules on campus. they are really anal about tickets so i suggest you address the issue before the fee's escalate.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
my sister got a parking ticket at mt sac years back and she never paid it. when it came to bite her in the ass later it was like 600 bucks. just pay it while its a small fine

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
over here if u dont pay for it u'll get an warrant for your arrest...my friend got busted fro his younger brothers parking tickets because he was driving his brothers car...ahahaha...i thought it was funny...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
you go to school @ CSUN too?? I was parking my beater in the csun parking lots for over a week and haven't gotten any tickets...I didn't buy a parking pass until just yesterday because I initially started the semester off with zero units and just tried to add into all my class. So now that I'm actually enrolled into 10 units, i bought the parking pass...

·
Burbank's fastest AW11
14,473 Posts
Naykidninjas said:
you go to school @ CSUN too?? I was parking my beater in the csun parking lots for over a week and haven't gotten any tickets...I didn't buy a parking pass until just yesterday because I initially started the semester off with zero units and just tried to add into all my class. So now that I'm actually enrolled into 10 units, i bought the parking pass...
He's too young to even attend college. I mean he's no Dougie Howser.

Peace-

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i got my share of tickets at csun (about 20 or so) and YES it does go to the dmv and they wont let you register till u pay it, by then it'll be a lil over $100.

ps: the csun PD does act like lapd, they even harrass you and abuse their power like real lapd (also learned from personal experience)

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Hahahaha, i can't believe i missed this thread. Sorry i had to revive it. But yes, not only will they do the dmv thing, but they will also send a collection agency after your butt. I go to CSUN, so i read it in the school newspaper. Too many people thought they could get away with not paying them so they got stiffer rules now.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Fill out a waiver form. Or whatever method they have of contesting it. It may or may not get dismissed. I know the community colleges around here usually let the first one go.

Oh, this also goes for whoever had the white turbo mr2 in the staff parking area at Mesa College on Monday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts