MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i cannot get my trunk open for anything my trunk release was working fin until today and now i can here the little mechanism inside trying to move when i had someelse pull it but it still wont open so i tried using the key but it wont turn if any1 can help me out it woulb b great becuase all my stuff is in there so i need in there badly thanks

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
Try to get to the wire inside on the floor. If the physical wire itself is not unlatching the trunk, and you also can't get it to unlock via the key hole.... then you might need to drill into remove the lock or unlatch it.

Are you sure it somehow didn't get locked from inside? (The keyhole on the floor) and maybe now you're trying to unlock it with the valet key? (which doesn't work on the trunk)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
OH i've had this same problem lastyear. I just took my car to one of those little shops that copies keys nd stuff. they used WD40 nd wut not.. i dont remember wut else they did, but those little key shops got it open for me. goodluck

edit: WD40 on the keyhole.

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
It's been quite some time since I was inside my MR2, and I only owned it for 2 weeks before it broke... so maybe there is no lock on the floor.

However, if the cable (The thing the trunk-pop lever is attached to) and the key don't do anything, you're going to need to seek professional help in opening it like climax_mr2 suggested.

·
Premium Member
22,915 Posts
I had a similar issue (I doubt it's the case here but I'll share it) where I just bought my Turbo and was actaully driving it back from Vegas to Kansas and when I stopped for the night to and I went to get into the trunk to get my stuff and I decided to use the key (funny thing is something told me not to use it but I lazily decided to use it rather than walk 4 steps around to unlatch it) and when I turned it the whole lock cylinder turned and the thing would not budge. After yelling a couple cuss words I walked to the drivers side and tried the latch and no luck. I tried with a little force too and it would not budge and I didn't want to break the key either. Fed up I let it be till I got home and I had my dad take a look at it and he got it turned back and unlatched it. IWe found out what was wrong with it and I beleive it was the bracket that actually held the lock cylinder was bent. I will double check with my dad but pretty sure thats what it was. Yeah it's a big hassle though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts