MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Two for me, None for you
6,115 Posts
I dont know how reliable that would be. It would suck to have to use your MR2 to tow that back home.
I'm not sure if you have an SUV or anything, but you might want to look into a regular trailer.

-JD

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Realistically I only travel within 2-3 hours of home and I only do that 12 times or so year. In the scenario where it broke down, I could unload Hyde and drive it home or to get help. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
ive considered the same thing last year, i came across a neighbor who was selling a trailer for his 11sec mustang.... well he was undecided if he wanted to sell it but i think its up for sale again.... it requires a tow hitch to an suv or pickup....~Mike

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Mike ... I am trying to avoid having to buy a tow vehicle and a trailer.
That is why this vehicle is ideal.

If I wasn't in the middle of buying a house and paying for Hyde's winter's projects I would have just bought that one that is on eBAy right now.
Unfortunately, I need more than 3 days to get my finances in line. :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I understand, i pay for school, car insurance, AND mods... haha, well if i see anything ill keep you posted ~Mike

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
hey jeff,

seeing as how im sponsoring a lot of your race events this year, and since i plan on being at every event this year myself racing, if you were to have a problem, i will have my trailer with me. this goes for every other mr2 at the track with us as well, like englishtown last year. i know you want to tow to/from as well, but at least until you find what you want, i have a ride home for your car.... and the best part is, youd get to drive one of my mr2s home... either the widebody (which may be faster than yours by that point ;)) or the wrong hand drive mr2. lol.

www.MR2Warehouse.com/trailer.jpg

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Mike, can I have some info on that trailer? I've been looking for a car trailer for a while now, but I need it to be fairly cheap (tow vehicle is no problem).

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Excellent trailer Dave *big thumbs up*

... as for you being faster, you do know Hyde will be pumping out more HP this year? ;)
Come and get me man :D

·
RIP July2013
1,454 Posts
yeah i read about all the sht you were doing After i posted that. a lot of the same stuff ill be doing, but i dont expect to be running 10's. id like to get down to mid 11's. ah well, ill still be right on your ass most of the day ;)

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It only takes one botched launch or missed shift and you would be eating me.
... not to mention if you tree me at the line.

Anything is possible. That's why we have to roll up to the line to see what happens :)
It's a shame that you were late at that last event, it would have been a fun photo op of our cars regardless of who won.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Jeff, I might of found something for you. I've seen the vehical before but just happened to notice a for sale sign in the windshield today.

I don't know much about it, but it appears to just be an old roll back. Maybe a GMC. It is black and has a hydraulic bed (its up in the air a little bit the way it is sitting).

More than enough room on it the bed for a MR2 and probably a bench seat inside. It might even a diesel, I don't know. I want to say its been sitting for a while because it has been at the same location for a whle but if it was used or anything I am not sure.

I do think he used to have an El Camino on it at one point, with another in the front yard which I havn't seen for some time.

I will leave early for work tomorrow so I can stop and take some pictures with my digital camera and put them on my website so you can see it. Hopfully the sign has more information such as his phone and even price.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
E-mail sent with the urls to the pics as I said. It is a GMC as I thought and a rollback. Wether the bed actually slides back or not I do not for sure but I would assume.

It is older than I thought though, a 71. I still do not know about the engine. I would consider it if I was you, besides it being a little old.

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Does it have a price?
... I will cehck the photos out when I get to work.

Thanks for the leg work Kupop ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts