MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... now before everyone thinks that means they can take Hyde for a drive, let me explain:

What Hyde is, has done and will do is the direct result of this community.
In a lot of ways it is a community project.
There is no way in hell that I could have ever gotten Hyde to where he is at without this community. I would not have the knowledge, expertise or finances to do it.

Who cares and why am I saying this?
I am saying this so everyone realizes that when I post updates on Hyde and/or Hyde's race results, it is a community success ~ not just mine.
Yes, I am the owner and driver (nut behind the wheel) of the car, but I would like to give credit where credit is due. I will take the credit for my driving (the good and the bad!).

I can't even begin to thank everyone who has contributed something to Hyde, there are simply too many. I would like to say thank you to everyone as a community.
As of this weekend, I have updated the sponsorship page on my Web site if you would like to see the people & businesses that have contributed much more than knowledge to the Hyde Project.

Thank You.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hyde is like a hero to the MR2OC. I think he's got a bit of divine luck invested. ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
So, Jeff, I was thinking the other day about reading the post on your sponsor auction. I thought it would be pretty cool to have a small sticker with my name on your car. Then i thought, you could sell a small spaces on your car for people in the community that want to put their names on it. You could have a size limit and charge per leter or something. I'd definitely pay for that. It would be like having your very own "Gold Member" status on hyde. :thumbup

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol ... I actually thought about doing the "two big white race stripes" down the car and make it out of MR2 Board Members names. I may revisit that idea ... not sure how much interest there would be in it.

The eBay sponsor auction was a suprising success.
I actually got 3 deals out of it. All were paid up by Friday morning.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, If you do decide to do it, you definitely got one name right here.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
mellamoben said:
I thought it would be pretty cool to have a small sticker with my name on your car. Then i thought, you could sell a small spaces on your car for people in the community that want to put their names on it.

How about inside passenger seat where CIN sees it everyday. ;)

Good to hear about the sponsorships, glad it worked out for you. :thumbup

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
misread the title thinking you made hyde your COMMUTER car :lol:

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Want your board
name on Hyde?

This idea was suggested by mellamoben on the MR2 Board (www.mr2oc.com). For $7 (paypal) you can get your MR2 Board name on one side of Hyde in white vinyl ($1 discount if you pay cash or money order).

The names will appear 3/8" tall and will run along the side moulding to form a white stripe like you see here:

The names will stay on Hyde for the next TWO full race seasons (2005 & 2006).

See this link: http://www.jekylhyderacing.com/sponsor2.htm

·
Registered
27,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks ... please include your BOARD NAME on the paypals! :)

mellamoben, what's your paypal e-mail?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts