MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an '86 MR2 as a daily driver while I'm overhauling my Alltrac. Been a great car and only needs a bit of TLC with suspension and some new struts. The only issue I'm really having is the drivers side foot well gets rather cold! Apparently there is a cold draft that comes in from outside, and when the HVAC is set to heat those areas the passenger side gets warm, but not the drivers side! Any advice to sort this issue out would be much appreciated!

·
Premium Member
11,943 Posts
It sounds like the draft is the problem, and not the heat. It is also possible that the duct for that space is missing. You could determine if that is the case by direct examination.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is plenty of heat coming out of the other vents, so the heater core is fine. Was there another vent besides the two small vents that face your knees. Something that directs air to the pedals as opposed to your knees?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yes, if you look behind the radio / hvac controls, you should see a squareish black plastic tube aimed at your feet. On some cars, the carpet can get rearranged to cover the outlet, blocking the flow of air...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, if you look behind the radio / hvac controls, you should see a squareish black plastic tube aimed at your feet. On some cars, the carpet can get rearranged to cover the outlet, blocking the flow of air...

Thank you very much for the advice! The carpet was the issue as it had pulled out from underneath the vent and had blocked all possible airflow. When inspecting the area where the vent is -looked as though nothing was supposed to be there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts