MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just pulled my engine out and the turbo thats on it looks what I can tell to be a ct20b. It doesnt say ct26 on the side, just toyota. I am new in to this game with the mr2 so I dont know what the other small differences are. Another thing that leads me to believe that its not the stock turbo is that Most of the downpipe to turbo bolts were pretty loose and one of them wound its way out till it hit the heat sheild!!!! So if you guys could tell me what else to look for that would be great. My car is a 91 so I would have expected my turbo to say ct26 on the side. Do some of those turbos not say ct26???
Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope its got 6 so would that mean its a ct26. I hope so cuz I just bought a 3rd gen turbo for it. Not sure if you can do this on the board so feel free to let me know. *If any one wants my turbo thats coming off my car let me know, it does have some shaft play, I will mic it in the next few days to find out what the play is. The car has 135k miles but like I said it looks to have been off before, so I am thinking its a replacement. It all ran fine too.
Thanks
Lee

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Estimate the compressor wheel's inducer diameter. That's the part you see looking in the compressor housing inlet. If its ~1.6" its a stock CT-26.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts