MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
thanks for the edumacation what advice would you give about stiffing the body with strut bars i mean they go with a suspension setup.
I would say strut bars play an indirect role with suspension.

If anything, strut bars or any chassis reinforcement pieces prevent the chassis from flexing which allows the suspension geometry to function as it is designed to.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would say strut bars play an indirect role with suspension.

If anything, strut bars or any chassis reinforcement pieces prevent the chassis from flexing which allows the suspension geometry to function as it is designed to.
Rigidity imparts a "solid feeling" to the chassis that is perceived by the driver as "well made" and "high quality." Installation of a suitable strut brace when a vehicle is new, helps to maintain the original structural integrity of the vehicle over time and miles. This translates to "still feels new" when the miles rack up. Automotive engineers agree that increasing chassis rigidity imparts quicker and more responsive steering as a result of reduced chassis flex. Almost every racing car has chassis braces added or built in as original equipment for the benefits this rigidity imparts.

An interesting and true story >>>>>>>> following the investigation after the sinking of the Titanic, it was discovered the quality of the steel used in the hull was defective and the thousands of rivets were also substandard. If these materials had been up to standards, the ship would have withstood the glancing impact and would not have sank.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts