MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you replace the power antenna? Mine broke and dosn't retract but I got a new mast and how do you remove the stock antenna, i know how to do the rest?

Any good DIY website out there?

·
Registered
582 Posts
open your trunk
pull carpet back
take off two bolts holding the spoiler down
pinch the clip
pull spoiler off
unscrew the metal clip on top of antenna
turn on car and while it is spooling up pull the antenna out
turn off car and while it is pulling down push the new one in.
repeat steps backward :)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
-Successfully completed.

I love forums!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Brianu16!!!

You dont by chance know where the transmission drain plug (I think i know which one this is), Fill plug, and overfill plug is?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
there are only two plugs, both brass colored. the drain plug is down at the bottom of the differential facing the driver's side rear tire. the other is halfway up on the side of the transaxle facing the front of the car.

·
Registered
582 Posts
billj747 said:
-Successfully completed.

I love forums!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Brianu16!!!

You dont by chance know where the transmission drain plug (I think i know which one this is), Fill plug, and overfill plug is?
no problem took me awhile to figure it out.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dsw20t said:
hum, haven't tried removing the antenna myself, but this seems simple enough. :)
It's really not bad atall, but one thing brianu16 forgot to mention was if your antenna cable snapped (like mine did), you need to open the black housing (by unscrewing the 5 phillips-head screws to remove the (coiled, white, toothed, plastic) retracting cable. But you do turn the car on and "feed" the new cable-antenna in just like brianu16 said.

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
Dijital357 said:
there are only two plugs, both brass colored. the drain plug is down at the bottom of the differential facing the driver's side rear tire. the other is halfway up on the side of the transaxle facing the front of the car.
no, there are 3. There is a 3rd on the top of the tranny, accessible from above through the engine compartment. You might need to remove the airbox to get to it, I dont remember. Its way easier to fill through that one though.

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
^^ the fill hole is on the side of the tranny. if u fill through the one on the top, you'll overfill it. the one on the side is easier to get to IMO anyway, cuz you dont hafta remove anything to access it.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
deviantv1ral said:
y is my antenae on the roofof driveres side
Do you have a sunroof? If so that's probably one of the main reasons why the antenna in on the roof rather than in the 3 piece spoiler. If you had T-Tops your antenna would be in the spoiler.

Miguel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts