MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how to make a custom oil return line for a t3/t4 turbo.
I know I use a 12-an fitting on the turbo side but I'm not quite sure how I'm going to tap that yet?
Also I was not going to modify the oil pan fitting, I just want the oil return hose to go into the bigger hose on the oil pan and clap it on.
Please just let me know a good way to do it and specificly how to make it, length, specs, and fittings are all good info.
thx for any help.
MED

I'm also looking for JGTC935mr2 who sold me the kit in hopes that he still has the return line.
This is the kit I bought from him:
http://mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=10931

·
Registered
343 Posts
just go to auto zone and get some custom hose, its simple, just if its going to benear your dp you will want to get some HIGH temp hose to cover the oil return line

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oversteer said:
just go to auto zone and get some custom hose, its simple, just if its going to benear your dp you will want to get some HIGH temp hose to cover the oil return line
What kind of custom hose do I need something that works with the 12an- fitting?
would they have the fittings I need at autozone?
how long are the other t3/t4 return lines?
thx oversteer
MED

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Are you wanting to do a cheap rubber hose for it, or an expensive steel braided return line? Justin311 would be a good one to chime in on this one, he is omniscient in this category.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
93smgturbo said:
Are you wanting to do a cheap rubber hose for it, or an expensive steel braided return line? Justin311 would be a good one to chime in on this one, he is omniscient in this category.
I want the best quailty so a braided line and quailty fitting perhaps?
Thx smgturbo I just emailed Justin in hope's of him maybe building me one?

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
yeah DON'T get your hoses from autozone.....thats like buying condoms from the gas station bathroom and having sex with a crack whore who is infested with std's!! be smart...if you bought a bunch of turbo stuff and you're expecting it to last and make a lot of power, don't look for cheap alternatives!! do it right the FIRST time ;)

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Buy the fittings from KO racing.

Then buy a foot of -12an line and two 45 deg 12an hose ends.

Btw the best hoses to use if you aren't going SS are aeroquip socketless hoses. per AN size=1/16" so buy accordingly.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow thx guys where would you buy these things on the internet? or local stores?
Summitracing?

flynhighaf23 I couldn't agree more about that. LOL
MED

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been talking with koracing about the fitting and the one that they provide is only for the oil pan not the turbo. So I'm going to need something else for the turbo? Any suggestions?
Thx
MED

Also does anyone know the standard lengh of hose I need for the t3/t4?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts