MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this car this month. It needed some TLC. Thanks to some MR2OC members it has come a long way. It still needs tires and third gear is grinding. AC hose at the compressor is bad. Paint is shot, few minor dents, no rust. Its a 1986 with no options. 228,000 miles. I have fixed some oil leaks and added some gr2s to the rear. Brakes are new. Runs and drives great. I am trying to determine a budget, I do not want to exceed the value of the car by a whole lot. I am looking for an idea of what this car would sell for if I decide not to keep it. Basically as is, compared to after paint. Any ideas will be helpful.
TIA
John

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Use standard market research. Find out how much MKIs sell for and have sold for in your area using the local paper, Ebay, Kelley Blue Book, and Edmunds.

You can also ask other local MR2 guys. I wouldn't pay much more than $500 for that car.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I believe your ideas on pricing are correct. So would a paint job add to the value, or be lost money? I have seen nice ones for sale for $1500 plus. I figure I would have $1500 into it if I did the needed repairs/paint. I am not looking to make money on it, just want to have some fun without it costing to much. I really do not need another car, This one is nice, because I do not have to worry about it as much as my other "toy"
John

G

·
In Australia that would probably sell for about $4000. Mr2's are really over priced here. But by the time you conver it back to US$ it's probably close to the same anyway. lol (i know the rate isn't THAT bad but sometimes it seems that way). I saw an SC in slightly better conditiotn with ok paint for $11,000 a little while back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.