MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
The muteki's seem like the best deal around to me right now.
Should work on factory mazda wheels, not positive, but looks right from what I recall.
I would bump up pressure a couple lbs over stock and see how it feels and wears.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
I have those lug nuts and they suck; I definitely wouldn't buy them again. The "tool" to tighten these is pretty weak (I've gone through about 5 of these and counting) and the fact that lug nuts are so short doesn't help at all. The little serrations on the lug nuts are pretty easy to strip too. I would opt for closed-ended lugs with a longer neck that these.

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
Wow, good info.
Thank you very much.
I was planning to order a few sets of these as raffle prizes at na2005, but looks like I'll be going a different route.
I shoulda known since they're made by the same folks that made kyokugen which had similar problems.

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
even better price. I've never heard any complaints about gorilla. they're the kind of company you can complain to if you ever did have a problem and get replacements too. ;)

·
PRON is teh winnar!
9,684 Posts
nah, the splinedrive setup is actually quite good assuming decent metal is used. the cheap heavy splinedrives I get free or almost free on occasion work great (have for years with tons of wheel changing). much better than other types I've used, besides celebdae's zenki lugnuts which are quite nice (not splinedrive) and have held up quite well over the past year even with a certain alignment shop that has been awesome in every other aspect hitting them with an air ratchet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts