MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a write-up on how to change the fuel filter on a 91 n/a? I was planning to use the Sea Foam stuff on my car, but I wanna change the oil filter/ fuel filter after just in case. Is this fairly easy to do? I haven't been able to find any write-up.

Also, does anyone have pics of which tube to use for the throttle-body Sea Foam application. I've only been able to find write-ups/pics for the 3sgte.

Thanks,
Stan

·
Registered
768 Posts
SKDiablo said:
Is there a write-up on how to change the fuel filter on a 91 n/a? I was planning to use the Sea Foam stuff on my car, but I wanna change the oil filter/ fuel filter after just in case. Is this fairly easy to do? I haven't been able to find any write-up.

Also, does anyone have pics of which tube to use for the throttle-body Sea Foam application. I've only been able to find write-ups/pics for the 3sgte.

Thanks,
Stan
I changed my fuel filter in my 91 NA last summer, it's not too difficult. I had the best result attacking it from underneath the car, backed the car up on some homemade ramps. Be sure to take off the gas cap to remove pressure from the system & a backut to catch some of the fuel when you remove the lines.

My other recommendation is to pick up some BGBs, check the for sale section someone is always selling them. You can also search the forum.

Good luck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
yeah it was pretty easy, everything was pretty straight forward once you get to the bottom. Just make sure you dont over torque it when installing the new one.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So once I get to the fuel filter, is it as easy as unbolting the old one, bolting in the new one? Are there some lines going to it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i would say try to follow the bgb way...and dont be under it when untightening things..unless you like the taste of 93 octane :thumbup

Scott

·
Registered
583 Posts
Also, dont forget to relieve the fuel pressure before messing with anything. (Loosen the gas cap) It seems that I ALWAYS forget to do this!

·
Registered
768 Posts
sjigga911 said:
i would say try to follow the bgb way...and dont be under it when untightening things..unless you like the taste of 93 octane :thumbup

Scott
Well I was under my car when I took the filter off & no problems. I couldn't get the leverage I needed from the top so that's why I went from the bottom. Just have a small bucket ready, no biggie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts