MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hrmmm, I like it...I might have to bust out some LED's and try the same thing....looks pretty friggen sweet man. I'd shell out a good 50 bucks or so for one most likely if I didn't think I could make it myself.

<---Electrical Engineer major Sounds like a fun spring break project for me

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
any color you guy want to light up.. if u can think of a color i can make it light up.. :D

o I forgot... your offer must come with the exchange of your old climate control in good working condition...

eg: if an agreement between me and you have reach. you sent me your WORKING climate control, I'll sent you my that have been tested and working good... that way there no down time for your mr2.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Yup, I'd do it for $50-$60, including shipping.

Any chance at getting similar service for the door controls (power windows/locks/mirrors)

I've been lookin' for someone to do these for me...

:D

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey Phant give me your zip code.. I'll check on shipping to your area and see if i make any profit in the project. for the PW,PL is doable

the power mirror doesn't have light in there so that not possilbe...

for any 1 that id interested in the mod email me at [email protected] for more info.. please include your zip code for pricing ...

thanx..

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
zip's 68132 (I'm in Nebraska... not many pplz out here)

Also, is red lights doable? And what about the lights that light up when the specific buttons are pressed? (Think stock is orange for defrost, green for others)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
please be specific about what color you guy want the button to light up and the color of the whole climate control...

ps: any color you want I can make...if there LED manufactor make it.. I can intergered to you wants. :)

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Like on your picture above... the actual temperature slider colors like they are, but all the other blue I'd want red... then the individual lights that light up when you push each of the buttons, I basically wanna have blue for all of the lights that would light up green, and red for those that would light up orange.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
problem with using LED's is that it doesn't distribute light evenly, you can see in that picture that some of the buttons aren't evenly lit and some buttons are brighter than others. still looks pretty sweet but you may want to look into reverted bulbs or something.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I dunno... the uneven lighting in that picture could also be due to the angle it was taken at. Either way, it still looks a helluva lot better than the stock lighting, IMO.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
hey david i didnt know u wer going to be doing this, can you do it for my mk1 and my mk2 this summer when im in edmonton, did u try it out on your gague lights yet?..

Ps: this guy has showed me everything he has been doing and he dose alot of really good work, id trust him with my stuff.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry so much for the late reply on mail and post... i been very busy but i will get all the shipping cost to by 12 noon feb 15 2005.. so please go check your mail...
Phant 68132
Pentaxis 98226
Lemondcake 98037

thanx for being patient......

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
little update...

hello all...

i have prepare most of the color people here are requesting... and circuit broad ready to solder to your color need...

please have your climate control remove from the vehicle and email me to comfirm your order. Once I received money order or certify check and your climate control it will take 3week from a day it arrived to me back to you.. in your mail PLease be specify what COLOR you want the BACK of the BUTTON to light up and what COLOR will light up when button are press...

At first I was going to sent you my that has been test and working good but when i check at toyota dealer they told me it cost 600 Canadian dollar for that control unit. I Don't want to be rife off. I believe there are honest people out there.I not will to bet on honesty with 600 dollar.

To sent your climate control to me email me at [email protected] and i will mail you back with my personal information which will include my contact phone number if you want to speak to me directly.

thanx..

·
Registered
797 Posts
cause his might not work or it might be all ugly looking or something like that. I.E.:

I send him mine, which was used to scrape roadkill off roads. I get his nice one.
Then you come up and send in your pristine one, and he sends you what? Mine? You'd refuse that... a ugly broken one isn't worth the new lights. So he'd have to shell out the cash to get a new one. Cause I'm a bad person who wouldn't send his nice one back to take my roadkill-scraper.

Not that I'd use a climate control cluster for a scraper, but you get the idea...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
mc2 said:
if you have his climate control, and he has yours, how will you get ripped off.
i talked to him about this and he said, what if he sends his and they dont send theres you would never know they didnt send it, i dont know why anyone would want 2 but its still a risk he dosnt want to have to take? i mean if it was your 600 dollars i dont think youd send ____ out just anywhere

1 - 20 of 28 Posts