MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

What sort of power do you think I will make?

1994 rev3 tubby
Decat downpipe and full exhaust
Intake
St205 chargecooler
Boost set at 1.0 bar
Stock turbo, stock engine, stock ecu

engine
Cyl 1 - 170 psi / 10%
Cyl 2 - 168 psi / 12%
Cyl 3 - 168 psi / 14%
Cyl 4 - 162 psi / 18%

Going to take it on a rolling road soon, I will post the results.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
230hp at wheels if lucky. De-catting stock DP will loose power.

Need to turn up boost to at least 17psi to see some gains. Make sure you run high octane fuel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I meant full downpipe and exhaust system from rouge. It should free it up a lot as the stock is quite restrictive I have heard

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Having a decent DP and exhaust will certainly help spool-up. Turning up boost is best option if your on good fuel.

Currently, at 1 bar it’s only 1.5psi over stock so lucky to be at 260hp fly or 240 at wheels.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
The stock ecu/turbo/injectors are your limiting components here... mainly that ecu... Back when I had a 91, that was the first mod I made (and injectors)and I went from 200hp to 270hp.... 10 minutes after that installed the SMIC ?.... after that I made another 30hp-ish and that was it until the bigger turbo.... the oem ecu’s are junk

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
rev3 or gen3 are 540cc injectors, good for a little over 300whp, gen3 ecu isn't perfect but it's nowhere near as bad as the gen2.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
rev3 or gen3 are 540cc injectors, good for a little over 300whp, gen3 ecu isn't perfect but it's nowhere near as bad as the gen2.
Agree... that AFM setup is just the worst.. but the gen3 is ancient technology and old... just not as... I installed larger injectors front and center with the haltec because I wanted car running before the new turbo and RMIC... so I took it as far as it could go given the a/r temps... I had 850’s so they were at like 60% maybe... I did it the same way with my FD back in 1998... I ran a 10.01/et with stock twins, larger investors and a MoTec... I like running out the stock setups, getting it running good first... changing everything at once it’s harder to get that base line... especially a rotary ?‍♂

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Believe what you want... it actually had 6 injectors... we didn’t have 1680’s then...that time was ran on more mods than what I listed but it was on stock twins

·
Registered
5,839 Posts

Why are these cars so slow? You're basically telling me you were a whole second faster than they are, heck you almost broke into the 9's. What a waste of time and effort these people are going through who convert to single turbos all they really need is your motec.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Ya it was actually 10.89 I ran... it was a 22yrs ago.. the bridge port and twin T66’s ran the faster times... not really important to me

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
The stock ecu/turbo/injectors are your limiting components here... mainly that ecu... Back when I had a 91, that was the first mod I made (and injectors)and I went from 200hp to 270hp.... 10 minutes after that installed the SMIC ?.... after that I made another 30hp-ish and that was it until the bigger turbo.... the oem ecu’s are junk
You made 100whp by a standalone, injectors, and SMIC?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts