MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one out of 7(91t) broke off in my head and running my td06 with it.

anyone else have any broken off?

·
Registered
633 Posts
I have one that was broke buy previos owner and appears to have been this way for a while. When i start it up it makes the weirdest noise kinda like a really bad belt but not constant screeching.

But anyway the manifold is warped and no doubt is causing spool problems. Maybe this is why my base dyno run was so low.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I also ran with a stud inadvertently missing for some time w/ no audible exhaust leak or noticeable loss of spool.

Spool up has improved since fixing it, but I also replaced the engine, so that's not conclusive at all.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I had to take the turbo off and then the manifold and I broke off a stud, it is not leaking although I stressed it and thought it was pretty likely. I am having a weird boosting problem that has nothing to do with and exhaust leak though.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm running with one stud less than usual till I change my turbo and get the mani resurfaced (it's warped). I figure I'll fix the stud, the mani, and the turbo all at the same time.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Count me as 1

What exuast leak? What missing stud? I have a stud completely gone on the very outside on the left side.

Its very audible on startups but goes away after a few minutes of driving. I dont notice any sever lag problems. Im not fixing it unless my head is coming off. Its really screwed.

Jb weld worked for a hot second, but if the helicoil isnt successful the head needs to go to a machine shop, which equals upgrade time :)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
ya mine is the very outside on the drivers side, it was loud when i started my car but would go away...put a new one in and its fine now

·
Registered
633 Posts
lol, mine is same exact one. most outer driver side. I see a patern here

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Poor guys. :p Try missing 3!!! :thumbdown

I have only 4 of 7 being used on mine after my 20b install. Nate (OMX) only had limited time to help with my install so we decided to put everything on anyways and just let the mani warp until I had either the funds to have a shop take them out or the time to do it myself. Left it like that all summer and fall and the mani is still not warped. I'll get around to it in the spring. ;)

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
For 2 years i was missing one and never knew it till i did a trubo swap. It was the one of the far passger corner, so i never could really see it/notice it. It would always leak on startup, and do that "click click click" thing.

I fixed it now, but do run a regular stailness steel bolt as one of them, rather than a stud/nut combo.

·
Registered
633 Posts
hopefully you didnt use the soft-n-rusty brand bolt or you will be buying a head

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
can you put anti seize on an exhaust mani bolt?

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wondering the same thing

yea mine is doing the click click click also on startup with one out...ill fix it eventually after i have time

·
Registered
633 Posts
anti seize isnt the same as jb weld. JB weld is a bonding mix while anti seize is exactly that. Its normally silver. Also Wurth makes CU 800. We use that all the time at work. Works pretty good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts