MR2 Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many Mr2s folks are still around the Bay Area? I still have my 2 but no longer running.

Jump in here and say HI if you are alive!!!

·
Super Moderator
91t gen5
7,075 Posts
What's stopping you from replacing the turbo? Is it the stock ct26?

Letting the car sit 10 years has made some work for you, you could have at least driven it occasionally for short trips checking the oil each time before you drive.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Not sure if "still around" counts -- I've only had my sw20 for a year and a half, and only 6 months of that actually running :)

It's a trailer queen too -- registered PNO -- so no chance to make it to a meet.

But it's here... And massive fun to toss around a track:
Hey, did you buy Gen2 Head with cams from the guy in Dublin, CA? Just curious :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's stopping you from replacing the turbo? Is it the stock ct26?

Letting the car sit 10 years has made some work for you, you could have at least driven it occasionally for short trips checking the oil each time before you drive.
Yes, totally agreed!

Life got busy and it slowly just got away from me. Now being almost 40, I might have to give this car a awaking!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice! a roll call.

I know of a 1white/1red SW20s around me and 1 red one I regularly see on Old Oakland Rd turning into Commercial street around 7:30AM M-F when I do see it.

I’m in East San Jose. 91’ Steel Mist Gray 3SGTE. Work in Mtn. View. and will commute with that 2-3 days a week depending on what car is easier to get to on the driveway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the Concord area of the East Bay and have 2 SW's . One is 91 with sunroof, one is 92 with T-Tops. Both are running but the 92 has some electrical issues I inherited from previous owner who claimed to be a mechanic ( LOL ). The 91 gets driven regularly and everything works.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts