MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many Mr2s folks are still around the Bay Area? I still have my 2 but no longer running.

Jump in here and say HI if you are alive!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is it not running?
The Turbo was burning oil and I stopped driving it. Now its sitting in my garage waiting. It has been at least 10+ years. I hope to get it running someday for sure since I cant see myself selling it.

·
6,465 Posts
What's stopping you from replacing the turbo? Is it the stock ct26?

Letting the car sit 10 years has made some work for you, you could have at least driven it occasionally for short trips checking the oil each time before you drive.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Hey, I am from bay area, still running mr2 daily. Have a spare CT20B turbo too, if you need one ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure if "still around" counts -- I've only had my sw20 for a year and a half, and only 6 months of that actually running :)

It's a trailer queen too -- registered PNO -- so no chance to make it to a meet.

But it's here... And massive fun to toss around a track:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Not sure if "still around" counts -- I've only had my sw20 for a year and a half, and only 6 months of that actually running :)

It's a trailer queen too -- registered PNO -- so no chance to make it to a meet.

But it's here... And massive fun to toss around a track:
Hey, did you buy Gen2 Head with cams from the guy in Dublin, CA? Just curious :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's stopping you from replacing the turbo? Is it the stock ct26?

Letting the car sit 10 years has made some work for you, you could have at least driven it occasionally for short trips checking the oil each time before you drive.
Yes, totally agreed!

Life got busy and it slowly just got away from me. Now being almost 40, I might have to give this car a awaking!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since we are on this topic, any local SF/San Mateo shops you all recommend to take my car too??

I really wish SU was still around.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have an AW11 in San Jose that currently doesn't run. Maybe next week.

I also know of three other AWs in South Bay, and one in Hayward.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts