MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
My son has a '90 Alltrac, we would interested in testing them for you. I bought him new mounts for Christmas but we have not put them in yet.

I'm also interested in a set for my 93 Turbo MR2 swap.

·
Super Moderator
2,254 Posts
i should be able to in a week or so i am putting the car up on a lift to do the suspension brakes and rear wheel bearings i should be able to snap a picture then

·
Registered
106 Posts
kirkosaurus said:
Don't the Alltrac people come to the MR2 board as well?
occasionally ;)

maroon_185 said:
I'm mrtwo91's son btw
i wish i had a dad like that

i'm pulling my motor out of my st185 right now... a new one will be going back in, in about a month. so this is good timing... i'd be happy to be a test subject.

·
Registered
392 Posts
kirkosaurus said:
Don't the Alltrac people come to the MR2 board as well?
All the time! :smile:

I'd love to volunter but... shes not running yet.

Also ... if you need the rear diff, I can try to find my spare for ya.

·
MR2-less
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can download Mike's write-up on the procedure here.
Mike chose to use new mounts in his install which although is a good idea is not necessary. Matter of fact, these inserts are good for bringing old worn mounts back to life.

I'll find out Monday when we will start pouring the urethane. Meanwhile I am taking order for Alltrac urethane motor mount inserts.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
The pictures I took don't give the inserts the justice they deserve. The first pic in post 12 is actually a before shot, pics 2 & 3 are after. The lighting in the garage was pretty pore, made it tough to get any good shots. The install was really pretty simple and as I mention in the install guide only took a few hours. We lucked out and didn't have any problems with rusted bolts. Not only did Chris notice better throttle response it also kept his 3" exhaust from rattling on the cross member.

Many thanks to Kirk for the opportunity to test these out for him.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Need some people to test them eh? I have a st165 that is a willing participant, let me know :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi kirkosaurus

I have a 185, quite happy to buy a full set , how much to ship to england.

would you be making similar for the GT4 rear crossmember , think it requires 4 for the subframe, two for the diff sub assembly.

would be happy to test them..

cheers

DJ

1 - 20 of 30 Posts