MR2 Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how likely is it for me to have a bad ecu?? my engine and ecu are from jap. and i think that blitz tuned it there in jap and i think the ecu might be going dead so thats why my car is driving like crap everyonce in a while. is there a way to check the ecu???

T

·
0 Posts
Hey ive been told its very unlikely to have a bad ecu but can you tell me abit more about the car driving crap every once in a while, ours is the same, although at the moment its most of the time, sometimes it drives like a dream then all of a sudden the ecu light pops on and she throws up 3 or 4 codes, all of which we've been trying to sort out for ages.

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
TRUCKERSGIRL said:
... then all of a sudden the ecu light pops on and she throws up 3 or 4 codes, all of which we've been trying to sort out for ages.
And what do the codes tell you?

bill

T

·
0 Posts
Bill,

usually turbo pressure sensor, 34 and 35 but often the knock sensor - which has been replaced and throttle position sensor

but they are so inconsistant....

it has gotten to the stage where she hardly goes well at all , at the moment even to get it to start we have to turn the distributor cap hard one way - which is in fact the opposite way to which it was when we first bought the car

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no codes just the car will sometimes have a really bad miss, and others it will be fine. My Dad's Porsche had the same problem and it was a bad ecu. he then had it rebuilt and now it runs fine. I'm just trying to figure out what it could be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts